CHOOSE the resources SIMULTANEOUSLY ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
nccc

CHOOSE the resources SIMULTANEOUSLY ?

Post by nccc »

Why not?
It can speed up the game, and no downside I think.
:?:

how do u think?
paramesis

Re: CHOOSE the resources SIMULTANEOUSLY ?

Post by paramesis »

This is still the case with base game, right?

With the Goddess module, resolving blessings can result in labyrinth movement, which can have effects where turn order matters (forging die faces, reaching the end first, etc...). It is theoretically possible to allow players to choose resources simultaneously unless turn order matters, similar to how follow actions work in Eminent Domain, but in Dice Forge, these interactions are a lot less predictable. I can understand if the developers would not consider it worth the effort to program so many special cases and exceptions just to save a couple turns.
nccc

Post by nccc »

well then u can split into two situations,
1.base game,no problem to choose resources simultaneously.
2. with module, remain what it is.
diamant

Post by diamant »

paramesis wrote: 21 December 2020, 16:43With the Goddess module, resolving blessings can result in labyrinth movement, which can have effects where turn order matters (forging die faces, reaching the end first, etc...).
Turn order always matters, because any choice of an opponent is information. What can change is the importance of this information.

Therefore, the choices can be simultaneous on the sole condition that these choices are revealed in the order of the turn, and that the consequential effects of these choices are resolved in that order.
Moreover, a player should always be able to choose to make his choices without anticipation.
Under these conditions, the simultaneous choices should always be possible, including with extensions. As the effects are resolved in turn order, the new choices resulting from the resolution of the effects are not affected by the simultaneity.
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

Hi,

With the implementation of the expansion I had to break a bit of the simultaneous choices to make sure it works in all situation.
Generally, when there is a mirror and a ship die face, simultaneous choice is not possible as the ship will change the visible die face and could be selected by the mirror.
With the maze, it is more complex, as golem should move in the turn order to make sure that the effects are applied accordingly (for example, if 2 players can get a reward, the first player has an advantage of choice). In my implementation, I did not check all possibilities, it was way too complex, maybe someday I will get back on it

I hope I answered your questions,

Vincentt
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

I do agree that the benefit is not worth the hassle.

Return to “Dice Forge”