buying tile and placing tile from stock

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Blueman7

buying tile and placing tile from stock

Post by Blueman7 »

You are supposed to be able to buy a tile (exact), then place it, then place a tile from stock.

I wasn't able to and ended up doing something I would never do.

How do you actually do the above in BGA?
Smeg

Re: buying tile and placing tile from stock

Post by Smeg »

Do you mean your reserve?

When you buy a tile with exact money you get another turn, but you don't place any bought tiles until you've finished all your turns, and then you place them in any order into your alhambra or your reserve.

So when you buy a tile with exact money, your free turn would be to place a tile from your reserve into your alhambra using your free turn, then place the tile(s) you've just bought. The reserve tile you add to your alhambra must be done before placing a tile you bought with exact money.
diamant

Post by diamant »

Smeg wrote: 24 December 2020, 00:46The reserve tile you add to your alhambra must be done before placing a tile you bought with exact money.
The rule specifies that the purchased tiles are placed at the end of the turn, but does not make it clear that the action "Transform his Alhambra" must be completed before that.
I looked at several rules: none is a precision model.

What justifies your assertion?
Smeg

Post by Smeg »

diamant wrote: 27 December 2020, 01:27
Smeg wrote: 24 December 2020, 00:46The reserve tile you add to your alhambra must be done before placing a tile you bought with exact money.
The rule specifies that the purchased tiles are placed at the end of the turn, but does not make it clear that the action "Transform his Alhambra" must be completed before that.
I looked at several rules: none is a precision model.

What justifies your assertion?
If you place your purchased tiles into your alhambra then your turn is over as it's the last thing you do on your turn. If you wanted to redesign your alhambra using your free action because you paid exact then you would redesign before placing your purchased tiles. The original poster was trying to place purchased tiles then redesign the alhambra which isn't allowed because placing purchased tiles is the final thing you do on your turn.

From the rules:

It is only right at the end of your turn – i.e. after any redesigning you may have carried out – that you add the building tiles you have bought to your Alhambra or place them on your reserve board. You can add the newly bought building tiles in any order you wish.

Example:
you buy a building tile and pay the exact amount so it is still your turn.
You decide to buy another building tile and you manage to pay the exact amount again.
It is therefore still your turn and you decide to redesign your Alhambra. You can for example remove a building tile from your Alhambra and exchange it for one on your reserve board.
This brings your turn to an end. You can now add your newly bought building tiles to your Alhambra by placing them in the best possible position or alternatively you can put them on your reserve board.
diamant

Post by diamant »

Smeg wrote: 27 December 2020, 12:02If you place your purchased tiles into your alhambra then your turn is over as it's the last thing you do on your turn.
All building tiles were purchased, including those from the reserve. But I agree that only the tiles purchased during the turn are placed at the end of the turn in any order.

The French rules that I know explain very poorly the course of a player's turn.

The major flaws I see are:
a) Placement of bought tiles is nor an action, nor part of an action. This is a mandatory end-of-turn operation.
b) "Buy a tile with an exact amount" and "Buy a tile with an amount superior to the value of the building" are completly different actions, since the first one does not count as your mandatory action of your turn.

Return to “Alhambra”