Option suggestion: Points on the first trick

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Finngall1300

Option suggestion: Points on the first trick

Post by Finngall1300 »

Greetings,

Option suggestion which shouldn't be difficult to implement--revoke the rule about not playing point cards on the first trick.

Not sure how popular it would be, but the way I learned the game in college, stripping your clubs and dropping a heart or the queen on the first trick was vicious but perfectly legal. Our games back then were delightfully nasty, and ever since then when I've encountered the first-trick rule it struck me as a namby-pamby widdle wule for widdle kids who didn't want to get their widdle feewings hurt. ;) But that's just me. :)

Thank you for your time.
Jest Phulin

Re: Option suggestion: Points on the first trick

Post by Jest Phulin »

I'd like this option as well. No points on the first trick makes the club Ace incredibly powerful, as it guarantees a trick (and the lead) without fear of points (or allows getting rid of that low club when wanting to shoot, with no risk of points going to someone else).

And at least I was somewhat kind, and dropped the spade ace on the first trick and saw the look of panic on the person I passed the king to... :D
yodajacobs

Post by yodajacobs »

Yes, I didn't encounter the 'no points on first trick' until I was in graduate school. I always derided my friends there about how they played 'wimp hearts'. : )
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Has this been proposed as a suggestion in the tracking system yet? If so, what's the link?

Return to “Hearts”