Out of time

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
alevezzo86

Out of time

Post by alevezzo86 »

Why always we get penalty for out of time while we dont go over time?
RollyD

Re: Out of time

Post by RollyD »

I would also like to raise this too.
El_Yeti

Post by El_Yeti »

I second this.
I've played 4 games, received 4 time penalties
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

alevezzo86 wrote: 25 December 2020, 22:00 Why always we get penalty for out of time while we dont go over time?
Are you 100% sure you didnt run out of time when being clue giver ? I know this game is immersive and it's easy to not realize it.
El_Yeti

Post by El_Yeti »

There shouldn't be a player timer that gives penalties.
When you're the one giving clues, others players take time to find the answer and that shouldn't be considered as a time penalty for you.
Instead, there should be a timer in the game settings, with 4/6/8/10 minutes, and when this timer is off, the guess is over and next player takes hand.
Last edited by El_Yeti on 31 December 2020, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

El_Yeti wrote: 31 December 2020, 19:04 There shouldn't be a player timer that gives penalties.
When you're the one giving clues, others players take time to find the answer and that shouldn't be consider as a time penalty.
Instead, there should be a timer in the game settings, with 4/6/8/10 minutes, and when this timer is off, the guess is over and next player takes hand.
That can't be done with current BGA framework. Notice that removing/adding a clue will give you back full time.
Even re-ordering the hints give you back full time. So you must do completely nothing during 3minutes, that seems quite a lot.
If you don't like the timer, the only option right now is to play training mode only, which should be the default anyway because ELO makes no sense.
FWBronaugh

Post by FWBronaugh »

I had similar issues in my game of Concept. Of the 9 players, 8 of us (including me) got a time penalty during the game. When that many players are going over time, it's not the players' fault.

I am positive that at no time while I was clue-giving did I spend more than a minute completely idle, and I'd be surprised if I spent even that long; if I wasn't placing clues, I was marking off players' guesses.

Does the timer ding people who spend time idle while guessing? I definitely could have gone over time as a guesser, if the timer applies there.
Aslan

Post by Aslan »

Yes the timer is incorrectly programmed. People are getting penalties for just playing the game normally, which is obviously wrong
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

EnterF wrote: 04 February 2021, 16:06 Which is obviously wrong
Then give proof of it. So far I havent been able to reproduce it or even to see it happening live by looking at existing tables. So if there is an issue with the code, it is not as obvious as you stated.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Tisaac wrote: 04 February 2021, 19:33Then give proof of it. So far I havent been able to reproduce it or even to see it happening live by looking at existing tables. So if there is an issue with the code, it is not as obvious as you stated.
There is no problem on the code, the problem is one step higher.
Everyone can already make the end of the current turn if they vote for it. So, going out of time has no sense, except if you are full afk.

Afks are a big problem if you put 999min per turn.
I don't think I see an easy solution except making the vote to pass at the start of a turn, which isn't great (it's confusing for new players)

Return to “Concept”