Faster animations

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Feli_Kenobi

Faster animations

Post by Feli_Kenobi »

Hi there,

I was wondering if it might be possible to speed up the animations a bit (when the cards are being placed). I find them super slow (about 2 secs per card), which makes the game quite boring for me, especially when you play with many players. As the cards are being sorted in ascending order, it is fairly easy to follow the placement of the cards, even if the animations would be faster. I find myself often wanting to play 6 nimmt but then refrain from it because it'll take ages especially because of the slow animations.
But maybe that's my personal taste... But it might be possible to implement it as a game option ("Fast animations" or something)?

Looking forward to hear your views on this. :)
Last edited by Feli_Kenobi on 02 January 2021, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Feli_Kenobi

Re: Faster animations

Post by Feli_Kenobi »

I only now realized that there is the possibility to hand in suggestions like bugs, sorry.
So now you can find this suggestion here: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=31117
qwertasdfg

Post by qwertasdfg »

yes, nice suggestion.

Especially as the time the slow animation is taking is deducted from all players' clocks. That's why it's almost impossible to finish a 10player 6nimmt on fast settings without getting the time penalty

(the only workaround to getting the penalty is reloading the page when animations would start. but that only means that you have to wait for everyone else longer)
Cullich

Post by Cullich »

As a note, I think the animation is too fast because I can't follow what it's doing. I don't want it to just "get done" - I want to see what's actually happening. Just knowing the rules isn't good enough for me - I want to see the actual results at work once all the cards are out. Quite personally, I think this is just part of this 21st century twitchy impatience everyone has.
miel33

Post by miel33 »

I believe the explanations on the side panel do a pretty thorough job at explaining the tallying.

I also think the OP was specifically requesting faster animations, so stating a personal preference for the complete opposite isn't helpful.

Return to “6 nimmt!”