Auction for Clans Arena

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Gardamun

Auction for Clans Arena

Post by Gardamun »

Hi there,

Would it be possible to include the auction for Clans Arena? I've spoken to a number of fellow gamers (and you can probably see by the amount of games I play that I'm a bit obsessed with Clans), and all of them seem to think that the auction would be great for Arena. It balances out the randomness of starting clans and turn order, making it way more competitive.

We could just try it out for one season and see what the response is.

Have a great New Year!
crapaudpremier

Re: Auction for Clans Arena

Post by crapaudpremier »

i can't agree more,
personally i tend to stop playing in arena cause of unbalanced start :cry:
Arena will be much more competitive with auction
Een

Post by Een »

We can change this for next season. Which of the two auction options would you prefer?
crapaudpremier

Post by crapaudpremier »

Hey,
thanks for the quick response,

i can't speek for everyone but my guess will be the one initially provided by the rules.
wich is the most played i think.

What do you think Gardamun ?
is there a way to make vote for that ?
Een

Post by Een »

Indeed, it's played much more than the other one (12% agains 1% of games over the last month). Ok, noted for next season.
Gardamun

Post by Gardamun »

Hi there!

Thanks for responding! I didn't read this until right now. I don't have a lot of experience with the new auction system, I've only tried it once. I don't think I fully understand what it's trying to accomplish or fix vs. just using the one in the rule book. The original auction is most straight forward I think. If you want to go first and pick a clan first, you have to pay for it.

But again, thank you for considering this request. Either auction format would be great.

Thanks!

Gardamun
Arhi

Post by Arhi »

Auction on arena that's very nice!
Songo

Post by Songo »

i thought i had played with auction once, but now i went to check my played games and i cant find it

is it still in effect? how does it work? s it like in terra mystica?
Eike

Post by Eike »

The idea behind the variant auction is that with the standard auction, clans that are perceived better will tend to get better in spots in player order as well. This inflates how good they are to some degree. With starting positions assigned to the clans, this is reduced.
ck425

Post by ck425 »

@een could we use variant auction for next season? I've only played it a few times but I enjoy how balances clan powers vs going first.

Return to “Clans of Caledonia”