Poker Texas Hold'em is now Alpha

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Crazyboog

Re: Poker Texas Hold'em is now Alpha

Post by Crazyboog »

Handsoflight wrote: 27 January 2022, 09:45 Can you inform us about the process? Is it going to be Beta soon?
I don't know when BGA intends to move the game to Beta. I tried several time to request it since it's now been on alpha for more than 1 year but I did not get any response from them.
Crazyboog

Post by Crazyboog »

I added you to the group.
mattyii

Post by mattyii »

Can i join the Alpha?
mattyii

Post by mattyii »

Sorry, but can i add my mates to the alpha as well?

vkv
Alex2610
Crazyboog

Post by Crazyboog »

Hi Mattyii,

I added both of them to the testers group.

Enjoy ;)
Rusty Cohle

Post by Rusty Cohle »

Why is this not in beta after so many time ?

Can you possibly add me to the test group please ? :)
RevRun5

Post by RevRun5 »

ViolentSilence wrote: 07 January 2021, 04:34 Does adding a gambling game affect the user base of the website? At the moment, all the games are family friendly, and there is no mechanism to gamble on here, while poker doesn't work as well without real stakes. I'm fine with more games being added generally, but this one feels like something that should be left for the dedicated sites
Every game can be a gambling game. Backgammon for sure. Since there is no real money involved in not worried just as I'm not worried that having the game President here is creating a culture of fraternity bros.
ViolentSilence

Post by ViolentSilence »

RevRun5 wrote: 25 April 2022, 13:01 Every game can be a gambling game. Backgammon for sure. Since there is no real money involved in not worried just as I'm not worried that having the game President here is creating a culture of fraternity bros.
Not every game actively involves gambling though - that's the primary mechanism of poker, as it is that which can decide a hand more than the actual cards involved. This leads to potential legal complications about the age limits on the site as every online poker site has a minimum age of 18 in the countries where they are allowed to operate.

Yes, Backgammon has an actively gambling version with the doubling dice, but it still works when played as a simple tactical role and move title. Poker without real stakes doesn't work, and that's another big problem with it.
Liamk

Post by Liamk »

Can you add me! I'd love to try it out!
Ludo Dave

Post by Ludo Dave »

ViolentSilence wrote: 25 April 2022, 14:12
RevRun5 wrote: 25 April 2022, 13:01 Every game can be a gambling game. Backgammon for sure. Since there is no real money involved in not worried just as I'm not worried that having the game President here is creating a culture of fraternity bros.
Not every game actively involves gambling though - that's the primary mechanism of poker, as it is that which can decide a hand more than the actual cards involved. This leads to potential legal complications about the age limits on the site as every online poker site has a minimum age of 18 in the countries where they are allowed to operate.

Yes, Backgammon has an actively gambling version with the doubling dice, but it still works when played as a simple tactical role and move title. Poker without real stakes doesn't work, and that's another big problem with it.
I don't think the"gambling" angle is really what's holding this game back in the eyes of Board Game Arena. If that were true, it would have never made it to Alpha.

I think it has more to do with this particular implementation.

While I respect the amount of work the developer has put into this, there is too much "noise" in the interface. The game here is too busy and too unlike the experience of playing non-gambling poker online among friends elsewhere. My hunch is these design choices are preventing approval from BGA.

Those at BGA who approve games may just be avoiding an awkward conversation with the developer about this. My two cents? They're ghosting the developer, which is a shame.

Return to “"Alpha" games”