Tips and tricks for the game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
AndreaGot

Tips and tricks for the game

Post by AndreaGot »

I have been playing Quantik for quite some time, but I feel I am constantly missing something in the first moves, since I am losing within the first 4 turns on a regular basis.

Is Quantik a game where every game is so different it's impossible to identify patterns, or are there some kind of tips and tricks that experienced players put into place?
RicardoRix

Re: Tips and tricks for the game

Post by RicardoRix »

Analyse your loses.
Shobu

Post by Shobu »

Has this game been solved?
By looking strong players i often see recurring patterns (same for Mijnlieff)
AndreaGot

Post by AndreaGot »

RicardoRix wrote: 06 January 2021, 21:43 Analyse your loses.
I do, but everytime I try to replicate the same moves (or avoiding pitfalls) there is something else I didn't notice.
I feel like I have no control over the first couple turns, and I don't know what I could do.

For example, if I am the second player, I noticed I usually try to put my piece diagonally in the same sector where the first player put theirs, but I don't know if it's a good start.

What I still cannot figure out is if each board state (especially on openings) has one or two best answers (so it's worth it spending some more time trying to identify them since the beginning), or the first 3 or 4 moves of the game are not so important to the outcome of the match since shapes play a minor role.

Surely there's something relevant I miss, but I have to discover it first :D

Return to “Quantik”