Xeno Invasion: your military is tied on invasion phase, who gets first position

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ksasaki

Xeno Invasion: your military is tied on invasion phase, who gets first position

Post by ksasaki »

Was trying to find it in the rules but could not.

Who is in first position on military ties?
ksasaki

Re: Xeno Invasion: your military is tied on invasion phase, who gets first position

Post by ksasaki »

NVM I found it, it is in the rules just didn't read carefully :lol:

- (first invasion) place admiral disks clockwise from player with lowest numbered start world, stacking disks as needed.

- (subsequent invasions) in descending order, shift disks to match military strength

so I take it the person with lowest start world will always get to go second.

then in the future:

IF tied previous round -> tied this round, then whoever was first position will become second position in the next round

IF not tied in previous round -> tied this round, then whoever had the lowest position will become first position (since highest military disk will move first, and thus be on the bottom).

Am I interpreting correctly?
galehar

Re: Xeno Invasion: your military is tied on invasion phase, who gets first position

Post by galehar »

Yes, that's correct. I'm not sure how to convey the initial priority in the interface. Having to check start world order is not the most elegant, and who will benefit from a tie on turn 3 can be quite significant.
I'm open to suggestions.
Nog_eentje_dan

Post by Nog_eentje_dan »

Is it possible to place the admiral discs in a line showing the initial priority order?

If the clockwise table order is: red player -> blue player -> yellow player. The red player selects the lowest order start world. After start world selection the interface shows the admiral discs in a line from left to right in this order: yellow - blue - red (maybe right above the xeno repulse tracker cardboard).

When the military vs Xenos is checked for the first time (round 3) it is as if the program takes the rightmost disc (red) first and places it on the cardboard, then places the second, blue disc (stacked if tied), then the yellow (stacked if tied). If everyone is tied the red disc ends up at the bottom of the stack.

It is the same thing that happens in later rounds, when there are no stacks, rightmost discs get moved first.

(just my first thought, there might be some cases I'm overlooking here...)
galehar

Post by galehar »

Some people would probably expect the order to be left from right though.
I have an idea. Let's reuse the Xeno indicator in the player panel next to the counter for goods contributed to the war effort. This indicator says the same thing as the Xeno track and is updated at the same time (at the beginning of the invasion phase). Initially, there was no Xeno track, all you had was this indicator. I added the track to improve the readability and because it's cool. I kept the indicator thinking maybe some people dislike the track.
But I think it would be more useful if the indicator was constantly kept up-to-date with the current military situation. This way, you could use it to help anticipate how the track is going to evolve. And also, who will have priority on turn 3!
What do you think?
Nog_eentje_dan

Post by Nog_eentje_dan »

Keeping the mil vs Xenos up to date would be useful information.
galehar

Post by galehar »

I've made the change tonight. The Xeno indicator in the player panel will now show how the track is going to evolve during the next invasion step if the military situation doesn't change.

Return to “Race for the Galaxy”