Lords

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Coby M

Lords

Post by Coby M »

Is there anyway that we can have the option to remove lords as a scoring option? I've removed it from my home game because it just gives way too much of an advantage to the third player and almost guarantees that the first player has no chance.
CaKtus

Re: Lords

Post by CaKtus »

Agreed with you, Lords is a nightmare most of the time. Only Farmers can sometimes reduce it enormous effect.
For sure there is no way to remove this card. Sadly.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Coby M wrote: 26 January 2021, 23:28 Is there anyway that we can have the option to remove lords as a scoring option? I've removed it from my home game because it just gives way too much of an advantage to the third player and almost guarantees that the first player has no chance.
BGA does not make houserule and AFAIK this is one.
Calmon70

Post by Calmon70 »

Coby M wrote: 26 January 2021, 23:28 Is there anyway that we can have the option to remove lords as a scoring option? I've removed it from my home game because it just gives way too much of an advantage to the third player and almost guarantees that the first player has no chance.
Wow, the by-far bigger problem is the general first player advantage, How could you even finger point to this little bonus to last player without mentioning it?
jmcl99

Post by jmcl99 »

Although Lords is far from my favourite scoring card, I am struggling to see how ones place in the player order is advantageous or not (for this particular card).
diamant

Post by diamant »

jmcl99 wrote: 30 January 2021, 22:05 Although Lords is far from my favourite scoring card, I am struggling to see how ones place in the player order is advantageous or not (for this particular card).
I agree with that. The first player is better placed to lay more buildings than the other players, so if he wants to have the a majority in one sector, no opponent will be able to prevent it.

Also, to say that the first player has no chance seems totally unfounded to me.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

The advantage to the last player with Lords is that they can count up and see exactly how many houses they need in each section to beat what everyone else has done. No one else gets to score lords with such specific information before hand.
Davebo

Post by Davebo »

Now that the game has a bunch of plays, I'd love to see stats on the percentage the last player wins WITH Lords, and WITHOUT Lords.
Jason_K

Post by Jason_K »

The game designer himself doesn't even play with Lords anymore and regrets including it! This should be more than enough reason to create an option to play without Lords.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/251140 ... nd-farmers
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

More precisely, his opinion for BGA are:
Answering to:
My motive with this thread is to convince BGA to add an option to disable this combo. Because the 2P Lords/Farmers/? games definitely have not been fun, along with being biased. I'd love to be able to completely turn off lords or farmers, but "I find them annoying" probably isn't very convincing, so I'll have to hope the expansions get approved to dilute them.

I would push for them to just let the players pick the cards. Or let you just ban one you don't like.

Return to “Kingdom Builder”