Order of cards returning to the discard pile

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
labnerd

Order of cards returning to the discard pile

Post by labnerd »

https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=144520554

Not sure if this is a bug. I played Amulet of Fire at move#64.I saw (from left to right) :

Figrim the Avaricious, Cursed Treatise of Arus, Potion of Resurrection, Urmian Psychic Cage. And I pick Cursed Treatise of Arus

According to my knowledge, cards return to the discard pile from left to right, so the rightmost card becomes the top card in the discard pile

Order of cards in discard pile now (from bottom to top) : Figrim the Avaricious, Potion of Resurrection, Urmian Psychic Cage

At move #160, my opponent draws a Sepulchral Amulet, but he discards it, so I assume it goes to the TOP of the discard pile, and order of cards in discard pile now is (from bottom to top) : Figrim the Avaricious, Potion of Resurrection, Urmian Psychic Cage, Sepulchral Amulet,

at move #175, I play Sepulchral Amulet, which I can access to the top three cards in the discard pile, but the 3cards I see (from left to right) is : Figrim the Avaricious, Sepulchral Amulet, Urmian Psychic Cage. The latest discard card Sepulchral Amulet is in the middle. Nobody has touched the discard pile other than the moves I listed.

==================

Now I think again, every time 3cards appear, they ALWAYS appear in the order of their corresponding number (base cards first, then enchanted kingdom, etc, respecting their order in the deck they belongs to)

so does the card not returning to the discard pile one by one, from left to right when I use Amulet of Fire or Divine Chalice? But in an order that no players know? Since they always appear auto-arranged respecting their original number, rather than their actual order in the deck, we can't know their actual order unless we have a Arcane Telescope?

I was taking notes during the game, and feel surprised that I have access to Figrim the Avaricious since it should be the bottom most card of the 4, and I should not have access to it. It matters a lot! Appreciate any help! :)
labnerd

Re: Order of cards returning to the discard pile

Post by labnerd »

If I use Arcane Telescope, to return C,B,A cards onto the deck (from bottom to top). Then I use Amulet of Fire, to take card D. Later I draw a card E, but I discard it again. Now I use Sepulchral Amulet, can I be 100% sure that the three cards I see is A,B,E? :roll:

Return to “Seasons”