Second edition

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Inaofr

Second edition

Post by Inaofr »

Hi all,

Second edition is now available. First edition is still available.

Have fun!
HarryPeteur

Re: Second edition

Post by HarryPeteur »

Inaofr wrote: 06 February 2021, 09:03 Hi all,

Second edition is now available. First edition is still available.

Have fun!
Hello,

what's new?
Just the illustrations ?

Thank You
Inaofr

Post by Inaofr »

On first worker phase buying is mandatory.
Observatory cost is 7 (6 in first).
Mariinskij-Theater cost is 15 (was 10) and is giving points instead of rubles per aristocrat.
Judge cost is 17 (was 16).
Mistress of Ceremonies cost is 20 (was 18).
Some cards name are changed.
BoardgamerNY

Post by BoardgamerNY »

I just played the second edition. It doesn't seem any different then the original version. According to the playht3ough that I watched on you tube there is supposed to be an addition of market cards and a market tracker board in the second edition but it is not in there. There are also supposed to be several other additions according to the video I watched on youtube.
Inaofr

Post by Inaofr »

The second edition comes with several expansions, the market is one of them. Currently only the base game is implemented.
Redwoods

Post by Redwoods »

Will the First edition with the new society expansion be implemented as well?
Redwoods

Post by Redwoods »

Oh god just tried my first game of second edition--the cards and entire graphic layout are almost unusable/unreadable. Everyone I've played with has agreed.

Not only is the artwork a horrifying downgrade, but the names of cards, their costs, the golden elements on the side... it's so hard to play right now.
Redwoods

Post by Redwoods »

If we're not gonna get new society for first edition, could we at least get an old-art version with the cost upgrades of the second edition? I think most players agree first edition IS fundamentally broken without cost fixing, but this does not seem like the solution--had to stop after one turn because we couldn't read anything. It honestly hurt to look at the cards.
Inaofr

Post by Inaofr »

These are the same issues with first edition, but you are used to it. The long names are barely readable too.
If needed, just hovering over a card is displaying a tool tip with a bigger display.
I do not have the assets for the expansions on first edition.
Redwoods

Post by Redwoods »

...That is just false. I have talked with numerous regular players of the game already and gotten the same feedback. The first edition doesn't have these graphic/readability issues at all. What are you talking about?

In terms of the expansion--are you saying that BGA doesn't have the rights to it? But does to all the rest? What is missing/getting in the way?

Return to “Saint Petersburg”