Second edition

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Inaofr

Re: Second edition

Post by Inaofr »

The size of the card on screen is the same in both edition. It appears that the size of the writing on the cards of the second edition is slightly smaller, so yes it is less readable. But tool tips are there to help if you need it, and as the second edition cards definition is way higher you can also zoom to see them better..
Some cards in first edition are hard to read too, like mistress of ceremony or carpenter workshop.

I'm working only with the materials provided directly by the publisher (and I'm not rewriting stuff on them). And as already said I don't have the assets for the expansions in first edition, I have them in second only.
Redwoods

Post by Redwoods »

So the issue is that the game designer won't provide you with the New Society assets?

It's not just the readability of the text on these cards... The entire visual layout of them is almost impossible to play with.
bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

Redwoods wrote: 08 February 2021, 05:48 So the issue is that the game designer won't provide you with the New Society assets?
Note that Inaofr said "publisher" not "game designer".
It's not just the readability of the text on these cards... The entire visual layout of them is almost impossible to play with.
Again, blame the publisher for that. The ugliness of the layout and broader presentation of the Second Edition is one of many reasons that I prefer the first edition of this game.
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

Inaofr wrote: 06 February 2021, 09:03 Hi all,

Second edition is now available. First edition is still available.

Have fun!
Thanks for ensuring that the first edition is still available.

On an unrelated note, what happened to the original developer, Marcuda?
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
Inaofr

Post by Inaofr »

He is still there but not an active developer anymore.
Redwoods

Post by Redwoods »

My mistake re: designer vs. publisher.

So to clarify--the publisher will not provide the expansion assets, just the base first and second editions?

Is there any chance of that changing? Or of a visual adjustment to make the second edition more playable?
Een

Post by Een »

Redwoods wrote: 09 February 2021, 18:10 My mistake re: designer vs. publisher.

So to clarify--the publisher will not provide the expansion assets, just the base first and second editions?

Is there any chance of that changing? Or of a visual adjustment to make the second edition more playable?
This is an old game, and not all asset files are available (even with the best intentions). It happens.
Until hopefully some new art is created, we are working with the available art files kindly provided by the publisher.
Redwoods

Post by Redwoods »

Yeah, was just curious about permissions. If it's not a permissions issue, could someone with a copy of New Society provide high quality scans?
Charchuk

Post by Charchuk »

Are there plans to add the Market phase to the 2nd edition?
FT3

Post by FT3 »

Charchuk wrote: 13 February 2021, 06:29 Are there plans to add the Market phase to the 2nd edition?
I think there’s images relating to the market phase in the top right of some cards.

Return to “Saint Petersburg”