License / Rights for expansions

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
jeremySeattle

License / Rights for expansions

Post by jeremySeattle »

Does BGA have licenses / rights to publish the expansions?

I would like to work on one or more but want to make sure they will be playable before I do.

-jeremy
Zaccoon

Re: License / Rights for expansions

Post by Zaccoon »

Jeremy,
If you get somewhere with this I'd love to help out in any non-coding way possible.
If there is some kind of grunt work that would help, I'd love to help.
I mainly play tournaments on BGA and play with my friends on Isotropic so we can use some of the expansions.
Before the pandemic hit we also played with the Artifacts expansion IRL.(not available on Isotropic)
I wish you well on your endeavors!
felid

Post by felid »

https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 71&t=12231 makes it sound like the only blocker is dev time and some technical debt. Can we @ woodruff for confirmation?
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

jeremySeattle wrote: 07 February 2021, 03:43 Does BGA have licenses / rights to publish the expansions?

I would like to work on one or more but want to make sure they will be playable before I do.

-jeremy
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I was the dev of this game but I do no longer maintain it.
Hence, no problem for anyone who would like to take over the programming.

To check the licence status for the expansions, you can PM on BGA AngelKurisu, he has been working at Asmadi Games who owns the game; this was my editor contact at the time.

Good luck :)

Wood
jacksonmead

Post by jacksonmead »

Zaccoon wrote: 17 February 2021, 16:33 Jeremy,
If you get somewhere with this I'd love to help out in any non-coding way possible.
If there is some kind of grunt work that would help, I'd love to help.
I mainly play tournaments on BGA and play with my friends on Isotropic so we can use some of the expansions.
Before the pandemic hit we also played with the Artifacts expansion IRL.(not available on Isotropic)
I wish you well on your endeavors!
Ditto. Extremely happy to help if that's possible.
Siberis

Post by Siberis »

I am also happy to help with implementation of expansions.
ZenVee

Post by ZenVee »

Yeah I'd really like to see the echoes expansion here. the isotropic version of it is very basic and never has players there.

What's the first step to get the ball rolling?
teasel

Post by teasel »

any news in regarding to get the innovation expansion on BGA? can i help in any manner? i know a bit of coding, is it a publisher issue or just very hard to code or both?
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

Hey! I'm quite interested in working on this game. I read through https://boardgamearena.com//forum/viewt ... 71&t=12231 and my first step is going to be to work at refreshing the graphics to the latest edition, before tackling an expansion.
nmego

Post by nmego »

Micah Stairs wrote: 18 August 2021, 21:31 Hey! I'm quite interested in working on this game. I read through https://boardgamearena.com//forum/viewt ... 71&t=12231 and my first step is going to be to work at refreshing the graphics to the latest edition, before tackling an expansion.
If you're going to do so, then please add an option to play with current graphics, reason being that the game already takes a while sometimes to load, and that can add up when playing turn-based, I imagine the new graphics would make it even slower.

Return to “Innovation”