Fixing Uxmal 2 / limit to 20 corn on market

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs

Poll ended at 26 February 2021, 08:50

Must be added and should be mandatory
26%
Must be added but I or my opponents may be able to avoid the rule using an option
63%
Must not be added
11%

Total votes: 469

sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi,

We've got a request to implement this rules, promoted by Tzolkin game designer: limit to 20 corns the exchanges on Uxmal 2.

For details, please read:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/227953 ... 7#32987667

We'd like to know your advice about this.
Corwin007

Re: Fixing Uxmal 2 / limit to 20 corn on market

Post by Corwin007 »

I see it's being voted as mandatory more, and while I love the option and would only play with it, I don't think it's ever been published in any printings of the game. So I think having it as an option is the way to go. It could be enabled by default in Arena for example, but I'm weary of forcing it for every game.

Take for example all the changes to Terra Mystica: Cultists, spade scoring bonus, Shapeshifters and Riverwalkers. Those all made it to further printings and have official backing from the designers AND publisher. It's not the case for Tzolk'in as far as I know.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

This is the main reason I don't play Tzolkin.

IMO Like In the Year of the Dragon, it should be an option which is the default.
NCJeff

Post by NCJeff »

My thought is that it should be optional to enable this rule unless it is included in the most current version of the published rules. If not then treat it as if its a 'house rule' that players can choose to use.
Ipnotaizig

Post by Ipnotaizig »

Since it is not an original rule of the game, I think it should be optional, never forced.
However, given that it "fixes" an OP strategy, being approved by the designer as an improvement on the fun the game can provide, I do think it could be turned on by default.
Wonderful Plays

Post by Wonderful Plays »

Given that this is approved by the designer and fixes important problem of the game it should be forced on all players. Especially on Arena.
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

Me and many others have been playing this game as it is enthusiastically and frequently over many years. And to me, the game is already deep, diverse, and varied. I would be sad if I could not play it anymore in the way it is. I don't see any harm in leaving the classic version as an option. However, I would absolutely appreciate to have the new rule implemented.
YonniF

Post by YonniF »

As someone less experienced - is this an issue with all games or just 2 player games?
CanisLupusMalus

Post by CanisLupusMalus »

I would like to bring out that there might be an unwanted side effect, depending on how the new rule would be phrased exactly.

If you use Palenque 5 to get corn, at the end of the game you might want to trade over 20 corn to resources (e.g. to build a monument). Would that trade be prohibited as well? Or would the restriction only apply to resources -> corn trades?
Dicenberg

Post by Dicenberg »

There needs to be a second poll asking whether the new optional rule is on or off by default

Return to “Tzolk'in”