Can you wait to fulfill the requirements of a city plan?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Primrosie

Can you wait to fulfill the requirements of a city plan?

Post by Primrosie »

Sometimes I am working toward a city plan that hasn't been approved yet. In the meantime I end up meeting the requirements for another city plan. It then asks me if I want to validate that city plan. If I don't validate it will it eventually ask me again? Or will I be stuck never being able to validate that plan?
T72on1

Re: Can you wait to fulfill the requirements of a city plan?

Post by T72on1 »

It will ask you every time again when it's your turn.
HairyGnome

Re: Can you wait to fulfill the requirements of a city plan?

Post by HairyGnome »

Primrosie wrote: 16 February 2021, 03:44 Sometimes I am working toward a city plan that hasn't been approved yet. In the meantime I end up meeting the requirements for another city plan. It then asks me if I want to validate that city plan. If I don't validate it will it eventually ask me again? Or will I be stuck never being able to validate that plan?
STRATEGY!

Remember that this game is about offense AND defense. As was pointed out by another respondent, if you skip validating a plan in your current turn, you will be asked if you want to validate it in each additional turn. Since you lost the race to be first to validate that plan, you will earn the lesser amount of points when you validate it 2nd (or 3rd or 4th...)

So ... don't be in a hurry to validate it!

If, for example, you have filled the requirements for a 5-2 plan but there is also a 5-2-2 plan for far more appoints that no other player has yet validated, keep working toward the more valuable plan. If you fail to be first to get it, so what; you can still validate the 5-2 plan.

This is what I mean when I talk about offense and defense. If you get to the 5-2-2 plan before any other player, you prevent them from getting the higher points for being first. Don't take the 5-2 because you fear you will miss out; every player after the first one to claim it is always able to get it. Go for the roses, then the daisies rather than take the daisies and miss out on the roses.

Return to “Welcome To”