Discard pile

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
cybrweez

Discard pile

Post by cybrweez »

You can only see the top discarded card, nothing underneath. Is that based on a rule? You can go through the game log and see what was discarded, but seems like hovering over the pile, or some other mechanism, we should be able to see other cards, even if just the next 6?
RavingWanderer

Re: Discard pile

Post by RavingWanderer »

In the real-life play I'm used to, the content of the discard pile (beyond the top card) is not open for viewing, so players have to remember what was in the pile if they want to take from it. For that reason, I'm not inclined to make it easier to get that information beyond inspecting the log (which is itself complicated if there have been previous dives into it).
tim183

Re: Discard pile

Post by tim183 »

I'm becoming convinced that the log shouldn't be scrollable until after the game ends - It's pretty obvious when you discard something and there's a 2-minute delay that the next player is scrolling through the log to read the pile... IRL you'd get slapped if you picked up the discard pile to take inventory. yes, it's possible to just keep a piece of paper and note the discards down, but the game shouldn't do you that favor. On the other hand, in turn-based games, it's reasonable to scroll back to see what's happened since your last turn - so maybe that should be the scroll limit

Return to “Hand and Foot”