Yeah

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Spudster

Yeah

Post by Spudster »

Yeah
Last edited by Spudster on 27 May 2021, 23:41, edited 13 times in total.
whatshisbucket

Re: A clear example

Post by whatshisbucket »

You have not provided any examples lol
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

Spudster wrote: 19 February 2021, 03:58 Of why this entire website is terrible. This website is complete filth and deserves to be shut down. I don't recommend this filth to anyone.
Not sure what you're trying to achieve by spamming these kinds of posts, other than seeing how long it takes to get banned: https://i.postimg.cc/kGK45tnV/Spudster-post-history.png

I imagine you'll find out soon enough.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

KongKing123 wrote: 19 February 2021, 15:36
To showcase a clear example. Obviously.
lagoodman1

Re: Calling this game rigged is an understatement

Post by lagoodman1 »

If you're not a paying member the games you play are rigged. Never again on this site.
SailorJup_824

Re: Calling this game rigged is an understatement

Post by SailorJup_824 »

why do you think its rigged?
JohnFBRambo

Re: Calling this game rigged is an understatement of how terrible this website is

Post by JohnFBRambo »

I don't have the answer to this question but I have played over 1 400 games on it, mostly Carcassonne and one thing that worry me are the LONG LOSING STREAKS. One day, I was at a rating of 250, which is OK. Then, I lost 10 games in a row and lost essentially 100 rating points in one day. But I was not a better or worse player than the day before. There has to be a reason other than "random" to explain that. I also sometimes wonder whether tiles are really distributed randomly. I suppose they are but it sure does not feel like that most of the time. There is often one player in the bunch who gets all the tiles he or she needs all game long while you can't get any. I just have a weird feeling about these things is all. But in spite of that, I keep playing like mad :)
frogstar_A

Re: Calling this game rigged is an understatement of how terrible this website is

Post by frogstar_A »

JohnFBRambo wrote: 27 April 2021, 01:13 I don't have the answer to this question but I have played over 1 400 games on it, mostly Carcassonne and one thing that worry me are the LONG LOSING STREAKS. One day, I was at a rating of 250, which is OK. Then, I lost 10 games in a row and lost essentially 100 rating points in one day. But I was not a better or worse player than the day before. There has to be a reason other than "random" to explain that. I also sometimes wonder whether tiles are really distributed randomly. I suppose they are but it sure does not feel like that most of the time. There is often one player in the bunch who gets all the tiles he or she needs all game long while you can't get any. I just have a weird feeling about these things is all. But in spite of that, I keep playing like mad :)
Humans are so hard-wired to try and identify patterns that we see patterns where there are none. In addition, we are bad at knowing what truly random looks like. If we see a dice roll 3-4-2-2-6-1 we think "ah that looks nice and random" but if we see 6-6-6-6-1-5 we go "well something's up with this dice programming" when it's no more or less likely than the first sequence I quoted.

In addition, humans are loss averse, meaning we feel more pain from defeats than we do happiness from wins. Chances are the times your opponent got lucky and just the piece he needed stay in your mind more than the ones where you do.
JohnFBRambo

Post by JohnFBRambo »

Thank you for your comment. You're entitled to your point of view of course. I don't play dice but I get your point. Does not mean I agree. It does not fit my play experience at Carcassonne. Have a good evening. John
chk1975

Post by chk1975 »

Do people even have any idea how difficult it would be to program a rigged carcassonne?

And then also have you follow trough multiple different games and let a algorithm decide that your opponent needs to win this game because…….well here comes the most difficult part why on earth would bga favor one player over the other?

O the games are not rigged, no the site doesn’t decide who deserves a win.

You win some you lose some.

Return to “Yahtzee”