Longboat Tile

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
David-L

Longboat Tile

Post by David-L »

I don't know about other players but I find the longboat tile far to much of a "joker" and and swing a game way too much.
All games have an element of luck to them but that tile I think pushes that to a level beyond sensible and spoils the game.

Suggestion: How about having a "Longboat IN/OUT" preference for those who prefer not to play with that tile in the game?
Eva Mit

Re: Longboat Tile

Post by Eva Mit »

I agree, the tile is too strong. I think its power should be reduced somehow.
bluemutant

Post by bluemutant »

It's particularly bad in the strategic variation; you can keep it to the very end. At least in the base game, there is some chance that it is drawn early and worth ten points or less. Of course, that may make it even worse if it's drawn late (elative to other cards etc).
donjondo

Post by donjondo »

It does encourage you not to build such large waterways though.
David-L

Post by David-L »

bluemutant wrote: 15 March 2021, 19:08 It's particularly bad in the strategic variation; you can keep it to the very end. At least in the base game, there is some chance that it is drawn early and worth ten points or less. Of course, that may make it even worse if it's drawn late (elative to other cards etc).
I never play the strategic version in H&G for that very reason.
Doesn't matter if it is you or your opponent gets the tile, it still ruins the game (IMO)
audinator

Post by audinator »

i live in the great timberlands of the northwest, its a logboat like a boat which is basically a couple logs tied together,
gurthbruins

Post by gurthbruins »

David-L wrote: 24 February 2021, 01:30 I don't know about other players but I find the longboat tile far to much of a "joker" and and swing a game way too much.
All games have an element of luck to them but that tile I think pushes that to a level beyond sensible and spoils the game.

Suggestion: How about having a "Longboat IN/OUT" preference for those who prefer not to play with that tile in the game?
I agree, this puts the case against the present scoring very well. Adding a preference to the game might make it harder to arrange matches. Simpler, and probably enough to fix the problem: just cut the score from 2 to 1 per lake.
Tarian Amgeffyl

Post by Tarian Amgeffyl »

Je suis complètement d'accord! Cette tuile donne la victoire dans la grande majorité des cas. Et même dans le jeu de base, si elle sort en fin de partie, c'est pareil. Cela influe sur la manière de jouer, en incitant à compléter les forêts de l'adversaire, dans l'espoir de piocher cette tuile...
Il est grand temps de faire quelque chose, car ce jeu devient un jeu de hasard...
BoredomFestival

Post by BoredomFestival »

Another vote to allow excluding this tile... if we were playing in person, we'd have a "house rule" to leave it out. It can tip the entire game too easily.
Buddha Belly

Post by Buddha Belly »

First posted back in 2021, but still we request this tile be made optional. My friends and I also take this tile out of our games because it is too much of a gamebreaker. Please give us the option to play without it or adjust the points scored per lake.

Return to “Carcassonne: Hunters & Gatherers”