Can't Stop will be Premium starting March 1st 2021 (FAQ)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Can't Stop will be Premium starting March 1st 2021 (FAQ)

Post by sourisdudesert »

Dear Can't Stop players,

Can't Stop will be Premium on Board Game Arena starting March 1st 2021.

To explain the why / how / when, here's a little FAQ:

Why Can't Stop (or any other game) is Premium?

BGA offers to every publisher the possibility to be free or Premium, so this is a publisher's choice, and as a rule of thumb (and this case too) BGA supports this choice

It works exactly like the Android or iOS store: there are both free app and paid app, and this is each publisher to decide. This is the best way for us to make sure every publisher is comfortable with BGA.

Why now?

Can't Stop has been free from many years on BGA.

Recently, there have been some changes in the way Can't Stop digital rights are being handled. Some other websites had to remove their Can't Stop adaptations. Fortunately, we find a good agreement with Can't Stop digital rights owners and we can continue to offer Can't Stop on BGA, with the condition of the game being Premium.

Are you responsible for the removal of Can't Stop in this another website X?

No. As a rule of thumb, BGA do not ask for exclusive licences.

Is it linked to the Asmodee deal?

No. We explained it in details in the BGA+Asmodee FAQ ("Will there be more games Premium? Will the free games remain free?").

Concerning Can't Stop specifically, the decision has been taken at the beginning of January, before the deal.

As explained in the link before, another popular game will probably be moved to Premium as well in the next months.

Is there going to be some changes on the game itself?

No. Thanks to Can't Stop publishers, we managed to find a solution to keep the existing graphics (especially the different 3 boards available), so we can keep the game as it is (and as you like it).

This year, a new board will probably be added, so you'll be able to choose between 4 different boards :)
MoiMagnus

Re: Can't Stop will be Premium starting March 1st 2021 (FAQ)

Post by MoiMagnus »

Will "Can't Stop" remain the tutorial game for first BGA connection?
(if this is still a thing, it might already have changed, but when I first joined BGA, there was a Me VS AI tutorial game to introduce the BGA interface, and "Can't Stop" was used for this tutorial)

In my opinion, the game used for BGA tutorial should be non-prenium, so should change if Can't Stop is no longer free any more.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

MoiMagnus wrote: 25 February 2021, 10:13 In my opinion, the game used for BGA tutorial should be non-prenium, so should change if Can't Stop is no longer free any more.
Totally agree with this, and I confirm Can't Stop won't be the introduction tutorial anymore.
Corwin007

Post by Corwin007 »

I do have a question: there are a number of premium games that have a ton of reported bugs. I get that free ones might depend on developer availability for bugfixes, but I don't find it normal to pay for a product that ignores months old open issues. Terra Mystica and 7 Wonders to name just two have probably around a hundred open issues each. Are there any plans to get at least the premium games more up to standard?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Corwin007 wrote: 25 February 2021, 10:27 I do have a question: there are a number of premium games that have a ton of reported bugs. I get that free ones might depend on developer availability for bugfixes, but I don't find it normal to pay for a product that ignores months old open issues. Terra Mystica and 7 Wonders to name just two have probably around a hundred open issues each. Are there any plans to get at least the premium games more up to standard?
There are regular updates for both of these games. Specifically, for 7 Wonders there have been a big update in September/October last year with a lot of fixes in it, and for Terra Mystica the latest release is only 20 days old.

You have to consider that for games like this, the number of bugs reported is quite low compared to the number of games played.

I should add that for every game, we are now monitoring your global overall opinion about the quality (5 stars notation) and for these 2 games (and almost all other games) the ratings are very good (above 4.7/5).
ViolentSilence

Post by ViolentSilence »

In terms of keeping a roughly equivalent game for free users, is it worth asking if Reiner Knizia would be OK with seeing Decathlon (a free Print'n'Play game he did) on the site?
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/695 ... -decathlon
Corwin007

Post by Corwin007 »

sourisdudesert wrote: 25 February 2021, 10:42
Corwin007 wrote: 25 February 2021, 10:27 I do have a question: there are a number of premium games that have a ton of reported bugs. I get that free ones might depend on developer availability for bugfixes, but I don't find it normal to pay for a product that ignores months old open issues. Terra Mystica and 7 Wonders to name just two have probably around a hundred open issues each. Are there any plans to get at least the premium games more up to standard?
There are regular updates for both of these games. Specifically, for 7 Wonders there have been a big update in September/October last year with a lot of fixes in it, and for Terra Mystica the latest release is only 20 days old.

You have to consider that for games like this, the number of bugs reported is quite low compared to the number of games played.

I should add that for every game, we are now monitoring your global overall opinion about the quality (5 stars notation) and for these 2 games (and almost all other games) the ratings are very good (above 4.7/5).
Thanks. That does help, I appreciate the answer.
aesche

Post by aesche »

This sucks...
xobxela

Post by xobxela »

This is a very disappointing turn of events. I work at a school and recommended this website for a project to connect young students with elderly people during the lockdown. My idea was taken up and the children have spent months preparing to teach the isolated elderly people by creating help documents and presentations to explain how to use this website and specifically how to play Can't Stop with it. This project was due to begin next week with the children showing each elderly person how to create their account on here via video call and then in the following weeks teach them how to play the game and play with them. Thanks to the discord group I was able to be shown this forum post so I can tell those responsible for the project at my school but please consider announcing such a big visible change to all users via the home page news section in the future. The argument about not showing the Asmodee news item on the main page was because it would have obscured the news about Res Arcana which was a visible change to users. This Can't Stop news will affect all new users and all non-premium users in a very real and visible way. Why is it only mentioned in the forum?
nccc

Post by nccc »

xobxela wrote: 25 February 2021, 14:32 This Can't Stop news will affect all new users and all non-premium users in a very real and visible way. Why is it only mentioned in the forum?
this will be the news, but probably at 3/1.

Return to “Can't Stop”