Can't Stop will be Premium starting March 1st 2021 (FAQ)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: Can't Stop will be Premium starting March 1st 2021 (FAQ)

Post by sourisdudesert »

xobxela wrote: 25 February 2021, 14:32 Why is it only mentioned in the forum?
Well, it is not: it is mentioned on Can't Stop players group. This forum and Can't Stop players group are the 2 ways to address Can't Stop players, so this is the way to do it.
BarryDH

Post by BarryDH »

While, a temporary solution, Bga exchanges Gift points for a month of Premium, getting Gift points can be gathered by winning games (5 points each, twenty wins) or helping with translations. I guess this boils down to play more games, may not be helpful.
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

sourisdudesert wrote: 25 February 2021, 10:42
Corwin007 wrote: 25 February 2021, 10:27 I do have a question: there are a number of premium games that have a ton of reported bugs. I get that free ones might depend on developer availability for bugfixes, but I don't find it normal to pay for a product that ignores months old open issues. Terra Mystica and 7 Wonders to name just two have probably around a hundred open issues each. Are there any plans to get at least the premium games more up to standard?
There are regular updates for both of these games. Specifically, for 7 Wonders there have been a big update in September/October last year with a lot of fixes in it, and for Terra Mystica the latest release is only 20 days old.
Yes, and not to discredit the good work that has been done, but there are sadly also cases where updates introduced problems or regressions, which then got ignored (to name just a few: Jaipur refresh bug, Hanabi misfires counter, 7 Wonders Wild Science).

I would like to see more transparency around this, at the very least through bug report feedback (which is rare at best, especially for the main site; though volunteer developers often handle this wonderfully). Some sort of blog communicating recent developments (e.g. we introduced the Arena Hall of Fame) and a roadmap with future plans (e.g. coming April we will revisit bugs in 7 Wonders) would be even better.

Tweakers.net is a Dutch tech site with an optional Premium subscription, and they frequently post about features that have been made available or are being worked on. Not only does this create transparency; it is also good PR, since people actually see that work is being done. Perhaps the future Community Manager could do something like this.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi

Well, we have developed a full tool to monitor all bugs, vote for bugs, and marked them as "fixed", so we did quite a lot :)

We also communicate on features we are working on, see for example Tournament and XP/achievements thread on Discussions forum, or "Release notes" when we have some important visible change.

However, we don't communicate on future things. Most website communicate a lot of future things, and most of the time they don't happened, or happened way too late. We prefer to communicate on real changes only :)
ken258

Post by ken258 »

sourisdudesert wrote: 25 February 2021, 20:20

However, we don't communicate on future things. Most website communicate a lot of future things, and most of the time they don't happened, or happened way too late. We prefer to communicate on real changes only :)
so, will there be a new game tutorial to change with cant stop? And what would it be? :)
Shobu

Post by Shobu »

Martian Dice would fit very well!
Excellent frantic dice filler
ufm

Post by ufm »

Shobu wrote: 26 February 2021, 00:27 Martian Dice would fit very well!
Excellent frantic dice filler
+1. Most popular in BGA among those kind of games, quick and easy to learn and play.
nccc

Post by nccc »

Of course martin dice will do.
I also suggest lucky numbers, and toeshamboe
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

sourisdudesert wrote: 25 February 2021, 20:20 Well, we have developed a full tool to monitor all bugs, vote for bugs, and marked them as "fixed", so we did quite a lot :)
Thanks for the response. The tool is great, but unfortunately it isn't always being used or monitored, and if it is, then it is in no way apparent (apart from the rare case where a site-breaking bug gets responded to).

Reports like this have received more than 300 votes and have not even been set to "acknowledged", despite the fact this was mentioned in the BGA New Year plans thread (I actually added this in a comment to the report myself, so people can at least see this). 7 Wonders, Hanabi and Jaipur (specifically citing Premium games here) also have plenty of outstanding open bugs, some of which have been reported years ago.

Contrast this with the page for Letter Tycoon (and many other games where developers are doing a great job) and the difference is huge. I have submitted several suggestions, some of which were implemented and some of which were not, but they all received a reply. This makes people feel that their input is valued and that things are actually getting done.
sourisdudesert wrote: 25 February 2021, 20:20 We also communicate on features we are working on, see for example Tournament and XP/achievements thread on Discussions forum, or "Release notes" when we have some important visible change.
Posts like that are indeed what I'm talking about, and I know they exist. However, it kind of proves my point that the most obvious and recent examples are over a year old.
sourisdudesert wrote: 25 February 2021, 20:20 However, we don't communicate on future things. Most website communicate a lot of future things, and most of the time they don't happened, or happened way too late. We prefer to communicate on real changes only :)
Perfectly understandable, though there is a difference between saying "the 1st of May we're launching a whole new website" and "in May, we are planning to address some 7 Wonders bugs, so please vote for the ones you think deserve priority".
darbielee

Post by darbielee »

sourisdudesert wrote: 25 February 2021, 15:55
xobxela wrote: 25 February 2021, 14:32 Why is it only mentioned in the forum?
Well, it is not: it is mentioned on Can't Stop players group. This forum and Can't Stop players group are the 2 ways to address Can't Stop players, so this is the way to do it.
What is the Can't Stop players group? I played Can't Stop almost daily up until it switched to premium, and never got any sort of announcement. I just suddenly couldn't play anymore and was confused about why. (As a side note, finding anything about "Can't Stop" in the forum is difficult, as the search engine cannot parse the apostrophe in "Can't" so you cannot actually search for the game name effectively. I found this thread by dumb luck.)

I agree that scattering important news, like this and other recent happenings, throughout the Forum is not the best way to consider something "announced" to the impacted people. Here's a link to an official suggestion ticket about that, in case anybody wants to add a thumbs-up or a comment: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=34706

Return to “Can't Stop”