Backgammon v2 - coming soon !

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
bidulpik

Backgammon v2 - coming soon !

Post by bidulpik »

Hi dear BGA players, Backgammon v2 is coming.

It is complete review of the interface according to all your suggestions. It implements complete Double Cube functionnalities with matches of several games. Here are some pre-Alpha screencopies :

Tributes to Peyo for design, graphical ressources and expertise.
Alpha version coming soon !
Hope you'll enjoy it.
Best regards.
euklid314

Re: Backgammon v2 - coming soon !

Post by euklid314 »

Wow! Respect!
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

While I thought I would be excited to hear this- I'm not. It has been so long and I have become so used to the single match backgammon games that this major change would make it a wholly different game.

It is a good change though, no doubt that.
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

I can already see people complaining that the dice roll algorithm hasn't changed. :)
euklid314

Post by euklid314 »

dschingis27 wrote: 28 February 2021, 16:44 I can already see people complaining that the dice roll algorithm hasn't changed. :)
Same thought here. With the cube the topic might get even hotter. Because with the cube there is the new aspect "my high ELO opponents always roll a lucky number directly after I have taken their cube" - not realizing that these players have doubled exactly because of the high volatility, i.e. the probability to get a lucky roll next turn.

But these discussions are part of the game.
heigon

Post by heigon »

I'm really looking forward to it!
ollyfish2002

Post by ollyfish2002 »

Maybe adding below the game (same place than "How to play", "credits"...), the statistics of dice rolls for all backgammon played games with this new version would help to show there is no bias.
My 2p
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

ollyfish2002 wrote: 01 March 2021, 09:41
That just resulted in a follow up accusation that BGA made the algorithm in such a way that it isn't statistically detectable without extensive analysis.
There is no convincing those who have made up their minds, any hints of refutation is just fuel to the fire.
Peyo61

Post by Peyo61 »

N_Faker wrote: 01 March 2021, 12:25
ollyfish2002 wrote: 01 March 2021, 09:41
That just resulted in a follow up accusation that BGA made the algorithm in such a way that it isn't statistically detectable without extensive analysis.
There is no convincing those who have made up their minds, any hints of refutation is just fuel to the fire.
Indeed. Total waste of time.

I still like the idea to publish the dice rolls stats (if easily available acroos *ALL* games ever played on BGA) at the bottom of the page. At least they are facts. People will challenge facts rather than thin air.
Peyo61

Post by Peyo61 »

Just to say that the Alpha is available now. "BackgammonMatchplay" is the (temporary) name.

I'll try to keep a bunch of tables open at all times, just join if you want to test.

Return to “Backgammon”