Backgammon v2 - coming soon !

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Curling

Re: Backgammon v2 - coming soon !

Post by Curling »

Played it on alpha !

Well done ! That's true backgammon... hope it will be beta and full game soon !

Thanks so much
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

The checker stack graphics aren't aligned properly, which make them shift slightly, which in turn makes it a visual irritant.
The same applies to the constantly changing point numbers.
slaaty

Post by slaaty »

This is unambiguously a positive development. Perhaps the Doubling Capability, and/or Match Play will be a variant available on setup.

I think the thing I will miss the most is not discovering the opponent's roll upon completion of my play. On the other hand perhaps that's a blessing.
ZodMaster

Post by ZodMaster »

Hi,

Thanks for the upgrade of the game :)

Does it mean that we'll be able to choose to play a 5 points game and use the cube and it will dbl the value of the game points?

Does a Gammon will be a 2 pts value and Backgammon 3 pts? By example, if a game is a best of 7, I use cube, opp accept it, I backgammon him for 6 points (3 pts BG + x2 cube)? Another example, If a cube is used twice (me and opp) the minimal value of the game will be 4 pts?

Also, like I can see on the picture, will you add the Undo?

If its that, its perfect! It will be the best improve that you can do for this game :) It will be perfect for admins of tournaments too. :)

Thanks for all you do for BG but also everything on BGA
Galen_Mac_Byrne

Post by Galen_Mac_Byrne »

Hi, thanks for developing cube and match play here finally! Tried it on Alpha, I need to test more before I can give more useful feedback than I put in a bug report - feel free to message me, chat or invite me to play the alpha more if you see me on. Unfortunately my friend who invited me to play is the reviewer here with access to alpha, and doesn't like match play - I'm the backgammon junkie (I'm a regular tournament/match/money player in the real world). I'm not yet an official reviewer here, though. Is it possible to give a non-reviewer access to test?

Couldn't open the box on my (really old and can't be updated) desktop iMac, but iphone worked ok; love the graphics though, that's a feature not a bug. Undo worked! Move confirmation does seem to slow the game flow down for people who like playing quickly, but the Undo seemed necessary on my iPhone. Move log seemed a little odd too, some missing move numbers (when player rolled dice that could not move any checkers) and odd move description. I guess a separate bug report for that....

I can suggest some notation changes that will make move logs shorter and more readable.

I think N_Faker's post earlier means the constantly changing pipcounts needed to bear off all checkers?

At any rate, congrats and kudos to the developers!
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Galen_Mac_Byrne wrote: 04 April 2021, 03:57 I think N_Faker's post earlier means the constantly changing pipcounts needed to bear off all checkers?
I mean the numbers over the triangle "points".
Galen_Mac_Byrne

Post by Galen_Mac_Byrne »

Ah - I didn't see that at all on my phone. The point numbers in the game log don't change relative to the player, that's good. So the points are identified/numbered on your display then to match the game log, and fluctuate?
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Galen_Mac_Byrne wrote: 04 April 2021, 05:59 Ah - I didn't see that at all on my phone. The point numbers in the game log don't change relative to the player, that's good. So the points are identified/numbered on your display then to match the game log, and fluctuate?
Not anymore. It has already been corrected.
TarinPB

Post by TarinPB »

Any news here? I'm not among the alpha testers but this sounds like the best second version ever made on BGA!
DukeOfPrunes

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

Excellent news! Is there the option to "auto bear off"? It would be quite handy.

Return to “Backgammon”