Expansion And/Or Scaling Rules

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
BoardNoremac

Expansion And/Or Scaling Rules

Post by BoardNoremac »

Hello all,

It looks like the game has been consistently popular since release! I feel the actual application was made very well, so very good job on that.

Is it possible you could put in the scaling rules from the expansions? I feel 2 player really feels like it could be improved by them. I haven't played with them myself. Currently the game seems too easy to just play your own game in 2 player since there are so many monuments/places of power.

Since Res Arcana has been so popular is there any plans for the expansion? Overall the expansion really looks like it would add a lot to the game!

Thanks for any comments.
Wonderful Plays

Re: Expansion And/Or Scaling Rules

Post by Wonderful Plays »

Normally I think wishes to add expansion so close after release are a bit premature, but not in this case. Base Res is great, but it has problems, the scaling rules and the expansion itself seem to really improve 2 player (which is the current arena season and I think it should stay like that personally).

+1 (but of course I understand if we have to wait)
BoardNoremac

Post by BoardNoremac »

I was hoping maybe they could start out just adding the scaling rules before the whole expansions. I guess this might not be possible Since I actually prefer the 3-4 player Res Arcana because of the way the game is set up currently to me 2 players just doesn't feel quite as fun because you can just buy as many monuments and you want and there is so little competition for the places of power.

Normally for these types of games I much prefer 2 player.
Wonderful Plays

I would say that's a great idea, but unlikely to happen, because usually BGA has to strictly follow the rules in the rulebook.
lordalx

Post by lordalx »

Hi.

Just to mention 2 points.

First, you can raise a suggestion through the bug tracking system to propose the extension. Everyone can then vote or promote this suggestion. There is already one for adapting the monument and place of power as per lux & Tenebrae extension

Second it that if you like or don't like playing in two players mode, when joining a game, you can set your own préférence such as 'never play a 2 players game', 'don' t like playing in beginner's mode' or stuff like this. It's from the lobby, using the tool wheel
BoardNoremac

Post by BoardNoremac »

lordalx wrote: 03 March 2021, 17:38 Hi.

Just to mention 2 points.

First, you can raise a suggestion through the bug tracking system to propose the extension. Everyone can then vote or promote this suggestion. There is already one for adapting the monument and place of power as per lux & Tenebrae extension
I looked through the bug thread for Res Arcana but I didn't see the suggestion about adding the scaling rules, only one about adding the expansion, I am not sure if maybe it is in a different language or I am misunderstanding something or just missed it somehow. I was planning on voting for it but just couldn't find it.

Thanks for your response.
Konkav

Post by Konkav »

Adding expansion is also adding the extra rules. Both are in the expansion and new rules add tension in 2 player game. I also
hope bga is working on this ...
galehar

Post by galehar »

BoardNoremac wrote: 03 March 2021, 16:09Is it possible you could put in the scaling rules from the expansions?
Probably not. The designer explained on BGG that the scaling rule without the expansion sometimes result in unplayable deck when your place of power is missing. The scrolls added in the expansion are there to address such cases.
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

galehar wrote: 17 March 2021, 15:29
BoardNoremac wrote: 03 March 2021, 16:09Is it possible you could put in the scaling rules from the expansions?
Probably not. The designer explained on BGG that the scaling rule without the expansion sometimes result in unplayable deck when your place of power is missing. The scrolls added in the expansion are there to address such cases.
Scaling of number of monuments could be added as an option (for player count where it's lower). That's the most important part of it.
Wonderful Plays

MoiMagnus wrote: 17 March 2021, 15:45
galehar wrote: 17 March 2021, 15:29
Scaling of number of monuments could be added as an option (for player count where it's lower). That's the most important part of it.
+1

Return to “Res Arcana”