Two Suggestions for CuBirds

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Marianne1

Two Suggestions for CuBirds

Post by Marianne1 »

First of all - great little game. Fun, competitive and esthetically pleasing. Thanks for adding it to BGA.

Two suggestions/queries:

Is there any way to set up opponents' hands so that we can see them all in a regular sized window? If I zoom out the window, everything (including the chat window) becomes so miniature. I have opted to mainly play 2-player games until this is fixed as I cannot read the small text, nor find it efficient to keep scrolling up and down to see the players' hands if there are more than two players. Thank you.

I would suggest that our "hand" is highlighted in a different colour or with a frame or something. It is easy to mix it up with our "collection".

Thanks for be open to community feedback.
pjt33

Re: Two Suggestions for CuBirds

Post by pjt33 »

Marianne1 wrote: 06 March 2021, 03:49 Is there any way to set up opponents' hands so that we can see them all in a regular sized window?
I think you must mean opponents' collections. The information displayed is essentially identical to the information displayed in the userboxes at the top right.

PS I understand that you may already realise this and just prefer the collection as a way of visualising the situation.
Een

Post by Een »

Marianne1 wrote: 06 March 2021, 03:49 First of all - great little game. Fun, competitive and esthetically pleasing. Thanks for adding it to BGA.
Glad that you like the game!
Marianne1 wrote: 06 March 2021, 03:49 Is there any way to set up opponents' hands so that we can see them all in a regular sized window? If I zoom out the window, everything (including the chat window) becomes so miniature. I have opted to mainly play 2-player games until this is fixed as I cannot read the small text, nor find it efficient to keep scrolling up and down to see the players' hands if there are more than two players. Thank you.
The top of the screen needs to display the bird lines and player hand, so space is already taken except below the hand. Collections are already synthesized as counters in the player panels, and you can scroll down from time to time if you prefer looking at collected cards.
Please also note that if you use the game zoom icons (top left/right of the game zone), that will zoom out only the game.
Marianne1 wrote: 06 March 2021, 03:49 I would suggest that our "hand" is highlighted in a different colour or with a frame or something. It is easy to mix it up with our "collection".
I tried without background for the collections and it looks nicer and clearer, so that's done.

For further suggestions, please use the bug/suggestions tracker https://boardgamearena.com/bugs, it makes it easier to follow up.
Marianne1

Post by Marianne1 »

Thank you very much for your replies, Een and pjt33. Een, I have noticed the difference that you made already by removing the highlighted backgrounds from the collections - it's easy to distinguish which is our hand now, thank you! pjt33, yes, thanks for the reminder, and yes thanks, I did mean the opponents' collections. I can use the top guide as well - it is just a little small, even though I use a large pc. I will keep experimenting with zooming in and out. Thank you again.

Return to “CuBirds”