creating a game with friends with shared ip address

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
debssie

creating a game with friends with shared ip address

Post by debssie »

We are trying to set up a friendly game for 4 players on here, but we are not premium players . When we send out the invitation, it comes up with a message that we are sharing an ip address and need a premium account to play and it will not let us accept the invitation.

Is there any way round this, as we did not really want to pay 4 subscriptions, as this is the only game we would probably all play on here.

Thanks.
Ewalker

Re: creating a game with friends with shared ip address

Post by Ewalker »

Only one player needs to be a premium player in order to play at the same IP address (although I think the premium player must be the one who starts the game and invites everyone else)
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

Ewalker wrote: 12 March 2021, 02:20 Only one player needs to be a premium player in order to play at the same IP address (although I think the premium player must be the one who starts the game and invites everyone else)
Yes you only need 1 premium account, not 4, so that is a more reasonable cost. The premium doesn't have to host the game, but players from the same IP won't be able to join until the premium player has joined (so if they don't host they'd have to be 2nd person at the table if all 4 share an IP address).
pjt33

Post by pjt33 »

The other thing that might work is to have only one person play over the local network and the rest play using mobile phone data connections. That way you'll probably get different IP addresses. IIRC I've played Oh Hell! on my phone and, while the experience isn't ideal, it's workable.

Return to “Oh Hell!”