Arena season 5 configuration

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs

Would you like a season of 4 player dice forge?

Poll ended at 29 March 2021, 20:24

Yes
40%
No
55%
Maybe
5%

Total votes: 40

Kallsup

Arena season 5 configuration

Post by Kallsup »

Hi!

With so many games alternating settings for the different arena seasons I think it's time for some variety for Dice Forge as well.
The game is the best with 4 players according to myself and many others, so my proposal is a 4 player season with "Exploit set: Random" and "Promotional cards: Yes".
What do you guys think? Please comment below! :mrgreen:
kicekjuve

Re: Arena season 5 configuration

Post by kicekjuve »

Cool idea
Brocconel

Post by Brocconel »

I would really enjoy 4 player Dice Forge in the Arena! I would certainly be IN! :D

Hopefully 2 player would also still be available for those who enjoy that variation, too.
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

I'm fine with both. 4p is more interesting IMO, but the game are also much longer than 2p games.
I don't like promo cards (if I want weird cards, I prefer playing with the expansions), but it's not a no-deal either. I find that the one that make every dice rotate is quite unfair in 4p, as what you get arbitrarily depends on your position in the turn order.
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

Kallsup wrote: 15 March 2021, 20:24 Hi!

With so many games alternating settings for the different arena seasons I think it's time for some variety for Dice Forge as well.
The game is the best with 4 players according to myself and many others, so my proposal is a 4 player season with "Exploit set: Random" and "Promotional cards: Yes".
What do you guys think? Please comment below! :mrgreen:
Yes please.
Justin Jake

Post by Justin Jake »

Sounds like a terrible idea. Not only does 4p make interaction and scarcity less important but there's also the issue with Boar being OP as hell in Arena mode. I don't know how you can even suggest Promo cards in a competitive mode. Nymph is another free-win card and Duck Magician will make your play dependent on someone else's decision making in the previous turns. If you get handed terrible dice, it wasn't your fault and there's nothing you can do about it.
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

Justin Jake wrote: 16 March 2021, 04:50 Sounds like a terrible idea. Not only does 4p make interaction and scarcity less important but there's also the issue with Boar being OP as hell in Arena mode. I don't know how you can even suggest Promo cards in a competitive mode. Nymph is another free-win card and Duck Magician will make your play dependent on someone else's decision making in the previous turns. If you get handed terrible dice, it wasn't your fault and there's nothing you can do about it.
Agreed, a bad idea. 4 player introduces all sorts of problems and opens up the possibility of kingmaking. Arena is a test of skill, and this is best measured heads-up.

Promo cards should also stay in Simple mode.
JHW8

Post by JHW8 »

Yes please. I love Dice Forge but despise the 2 player version.
Haiirost

Post by Haiirost »

agree definitely!!
4 player more fun and still strategy, hope promotional can be added too.
and I don't like tiebreak setting.

Return to “Dice Forge”