New version changelog

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Tisaac

Re: New version changelog

Post by Tisaac »

Ursula1972 wrote: 18 March 2021, 11:07 troubles with translations are usually solved with F5/refresh.

Your point about 5th crewmemberrule is good, that should be solved.
That's already solved for couple hours now ;)
zeg000

Post by zeg000 »

It's very nice, except the horrid flicker...ha it's a blink, ok, the atrocious blink.
When you need to chose a mission, there is zero purpose to have the contour of the card blinking. I thought blinking on the internet was something from the past. I was wrong :x
I hope this is a bug, if not please get rid of it (or make it an option but why would anyone chose to have it on)
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

zeg000 wrote: 22 March 2021, 00:03 It's very nice, except the horrid flicker...ha it's a blink, ok, the atrocious blink.
When you need to chose a mission, there is zero purpose to have the contour of the card blinking. I thought blinking on the internet was something from the past. I was wrong :x
I hope this is a bug, if not please get rid of it (or make it an option but why would anyone chose to have it on)
Please create a suggestion to see what other players think about this. There are many games with blinking components to help players to figure out what they should do, and you are one of the first ones to complain about it so far :)
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Additional changelog of this last week of updates :
- autopick option for signal distress and new "Whatever" answer
- new table options that help you indicate how much you want to play : number of mission / time limit. These options have no effect during the game at the moment
- new option "Start a new campaign" to resolve the "Mission 51 bug"
- anto-answer option to continue at the end of a mission
- card preselection
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

So how does the picking for distress signal work ?

If some people voted no and some voted left or right or whatever, what happens ?
In our last mission we cast our votes and it went to a "no" once everyone had voted but we weren't really ready to conclude a "no" and one of us at least had voted left, our votes weren't so much thought of as votes as of a way to express our initial idea. Since the distress signal is supposed (rules) to be a collegial decision, I think it should not move forward as long as there are both "no" votes and "left"/"right" votes.

It is also a bit less than ideal in conveying your full intent, as there are lots of situations where I don't see the need for a distress signal but once someone to my left or right is calling for one, I do have an opinion on the direction. And vice-versa, If I have a problem, I likely want the distress signal but wouldn't care about direction as I wouldn't know who can help me best.

So I would add more buttons but not move forward until there is a consensus.
New button: yes for distress (left or right)
(And if there is to be a consensus on yes, at some point the players who initially said no would have to pick a direction or whatever or yes/whatever direction)

If kept as a vote with auto forward then I would also add "no (but left if distress) and "no but right if distress", "whatever but left" and "whatever but right". In such a scenario, there would be 3 rows of buttons : one for yes, one for whatever, one for no. And 3 columns: one for left (if distress is activated), one for whatever and one for right (if distress is activated). Vote resolution would fist determine if there is a signal or not and then the direction. In case of tied votes, it would need some way to split the tie (could be left as an option): random, favor yes, favor no, let commander decide,...
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Phoxtrot wrote: 22 March 2021, 10:10 So how does the picking for distress signal work ?

If some people voted no and some voted left or right or whatever, what happens ?
In our last mission we cast our votes and it went to a "no" once everyone had voted but we weren't really ready to conclude a "no" and one of us at least had voted left, our votes weren't so much thought of as votes as of a way to express our initial idea. Since the distress signal is supposed (rules) to be a collegial decision, I think it should not move forward as long as there are both "no" votes and "left"/"right" votes.
That's already the case. You need everyone to agree on either "No", "Clockwise", "Counterclockwise".
Phoxtrot wrote: 22 March 2021, 10:10 If kept as a vote with auto forward then I would also add "no (but left if distress) and "no but right if distress", "whatever but left" and "whatever but right". In such a scenario, there would be 3 rows of buttons : one for yes, one for whatever, one for no. And 3 columns: one for left (if distress is activated), one for whatever and one for right (if distress is activated). Vote resolution would fist determine if there is a signal or not and then the direction. In case of tied votes, it would need some way to split the tie (could be left as an option): random, favor yes, favor no, let commander decide,...
That's too much options. Auto is here to save some time, not do avoid discussion. Just use chat if you really struggle to find an agreement.
I'm also in defavor of "spliting the tie" since the crew is a cooperative game so I don't see why someone should be left behind.
For that matter, please use the suggestion system so that everything is centralized and it's easier to see what everyone thinks should be the default behavior (since players don't agree either on that). The corresponding suggestion report is here :
https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=36423
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

Phoxtrot wrote: 22 March 2021, 10:10 It is also a bit less than ideal in conveying your full intent, as there are lots of situations where I don't see the need for a distress signal but once someone to my left or right is calling for one, I do have an opinion on the direction. And vice-versa, If I have a problem, I likely want the distress signal but wouldn't care about direction as I wouldn't know who can help me best.
Select "Always No". Then if someone vote for Left/Right, you will be able to change your vote for Left or Right (or Whatever if both are ok for you). The game only move forward if everyone who is not selecting "Whatever" agrees to the same answer, so selecting "No" does exactly what you want: you don't want a distress, but you might have an opinion on the direction.

IMO, the only thing which might be missing is a "Yes" which would be like Left/Right without specifying a direction. But even that is not necessary with the chat (just don't answer anything yet and say in the chat "Distress, but both directions are fine for me" or something like that)
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

That's weird then because last mission we did, the play started with no distress signal even though no agreement had been reached yet. But maybe that is something that has been changed since then ? Anyway, indeed my preferred solution is that all players need to agree before the play can start.

I do think a yes but direction doesn't matter button would be helpful.
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

Phoxtrot wrote: 22 March 2021, 11:33 That's weird then because last mission we did, the play started with no distress signal even though no agreement had been reached yet. But maybe that is something that has been changed since then ? Anyway, indeed my preferred solution is that all players need to agree before the play can start.
I've just checked in 3 players, the game waits for agreement when peoples disagree. (Peoples answering Whatever being ignored, as intended. But as soon as there is Left/Right or Left/No or Right/No the game does not proceed)
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Phoxtrot wrote: 22 March 2021, 11:33That's weird then because last mission we did, the play started with no distress signal even though no agreement had been reached yet. But maybe that is something that has been changed since then ? Anyway, indeed my preferred solution is that all players need to agree before the play can start.

I do think a yes but direction doesn't matter button would be helpful.
High chance you either see badly, or everyone except one player said whatever or no, and the last one who was on 'left' or 'right' finally clicked on whatever or no.

Return to “The Crew: The Quest for Planet Nine”