Cubirds: Hold the line!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

Cubirds: Hold the line!

Post by DrClick » 24 March 2021, 12:42

You won't believe it: it's a game about birds.
You won't believe it twice: it's easy and fun.

Read by yourself:
Players begin each new round of CuBirds with eight bird cards in hand.
Some birds also sit on four distinct fences on the table.

On your turn, you lay a series of identical birds from your hand on one fence's extremity. These birds instantly gather with any identical bird already present on this fence, making all birds placed in-between them fly into your hand. With enough identical birds in your hand, you can perform a flock, allowing you to add some of these birds in your scoring area.

Your ultimate goal is to be the first player to gather in your scoring area either seven different species, or two species with at least three identical birds in each.

Each bird comes with one small and one big flock scores, so you may want to wait to reach a big flock to add more birds at once to your scoring area. Beware, though, as the round ends as soon as a player empties their hand, forcing all players to discard their current hands and plans!

Fly to this page to see the game in action:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=cubirds

The artwork is as lovely as the adaptation of the game on Board Game Arena, and the game can be played from 2 to 5 players with an average duration of 10 minutes.

The beauty behind that game from Stefan Alexander is the purity of its design.

Fortunately, our developer JustinFernal and the BGA team have achieved a very nice implementation, which should allow you to play comfortably from modest phones, tablets, computers, or any NASA supercomputers as well.
As long as you've updated them.

The team would like to thank our friends from Catchup Games, and the team behind it from ForgeNext. You rule!

It's time to assemble flocks of birds instead of Avengers.
And why not gather some eggs at the same time?

Oops.

Did i said too much about our next event?
Oh...
By the way, this ARENA season is coming to an end. It's time to finish your curent games before the next season launches!

Take care and... fly as high as the sky!

el cosimo

Re: Cubirds: Hold the line!

Post by el cosimo » 24 March 2021, 14:30

Finally can play arena and tournament. Top!

peierlfe

Post by peierlfe » 24 March 2021, 16:00

Klingt toll!

Ich spiele das SPiel mal.
Gibt es irgendwo Spielregeln auf Deutsch?

Viele Grüße Peierlfe

Liamthered

Post by Liamthered » 24 March 2021, 17:34

molto carino

Excali8ur

Post by Excali8ur » 24 March 2021, 21:34

Loved this game so much online, it is now in my offline-collection! :D

Daniel BGC

Post by Daniel BGC » 24 March 2021, 21:39

peierlfe wrote:
24 March 2021, 16:00
Klingt toll!

Ich spiele das SPiel mal.
Gibt es irgendwo Spielregeln auf Deutsch?

Viele Grüße Peierlfe
Hallo! Du findest sie hier: https://boardgamecircus.com/downloads/ und auch auf BoardGameGeek. Das analoge Spiel bekommst du u. a. online bei uns im Brettspielkiosk. Viel Spaß!

RatLover3

Post by RatLover3 » 24 March 2021, 22:17

I found this game and played it when it was still in beta testing. I loved it and was wondering when it would be done testing. Congrats little birds. I still don't get why we have to click pass after making a move. If we can't do anything else during our turn, it should go to the next player automatically. Some people I've played with don't click or forget to click the pass button. I don't think it's needed.

LaOread

Post by LaOread » 24 March 2021, 22:38

RatLover3 wrote:
24 March 2021, 22:17
I still don't get why we have to click pass after making a move. If we can't do anything else during our turn, it should go to the next player automatically. Some people I've played with don't click or forget to click the pass button. I don't think it's needed.
It's because you don't want the other players to know what is in your hand. If it automatically passes they will know for sure that you do not have a small flock (but possibly waiting for a large) and it might influence their choices.

bdean

Post by bdean » 25 March 2021, 10:55

I just watched the SUSD review of Cubitos and was excited to play it on BGA only to realize this is a totally different game :lol:. Still looks good though.

el cosimo

Post by el cosimo » 25 March 2021, 11:49

bdean wrote:
25 March 2021, 10:55
I just watched the SUSD review of Cubitos and was excited to play it on BGA only to realize this is a totally different game :lol:. Still looks good though.
I know it is different. I needed other game when I bought this to get transport cost for free and bought cubitos. It is idd a good game for here but that is another discussion. Still so many good games possible

Return to “Official announcements [en]”