No undo in the interface --> I'm not using it anymore.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
hamigua2000

No undo in the interface --> I'm not using it anymore.

Post by hamigua2000 »

I'm venting my frustration here. I find the fact that there is no undo in the interface in this game to be infuriating. I was able to mostly adapt to the one for Keyflower (though I'd appreciate an undo there), but for Troyes, I keep making "multilevel" mistakes, where I start an action, and then halfway through its resolution I realize that I've made a game-losing mistake, and I can't undo.

I freely admit that I may just be getting too old and stupid to use this interface, but I find it frustrating and unenjoyable, so I am done with Troyes on BGA for now.
Marcy

Re: No undo in the interface --> I'm not using it anymore.

Post by Marcy »

This is exactly how I feel. As a new player I am always making mistakes with the dice, or the requirements for an action. Then there is no cancel and you have to do something bad.

Why no cancel?
AbleDanger

Post by AbleDanger »

BUMP. Please add an undo, confirm, or restart turn option to Keyflower!!!
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

AbleDanger wrote: 07 July 2021, 18:57 BUMP. Please add an undo, confirm, or restart turn option to Keyflower!!!
You're in the wrong forum. This is about the game Troyes.
TigerQueenIII

Post by TigerQueenIII »

THIS THIS THIS! Exactly the same thing, this game NEEDS an undo option, especially as there are so many levels of turn to work through before the final action resolves. Same experience, where I'll start an action and then realize "oh, I don't actually have enough influence once I perform part of this action" or even "oh, I would actually love to move a meeple from a building rather than spend that influence" but there isn't even a "backtrack within this turn" option. I am not playing tournament level gotta-win-em-all games here, I'm paying my premium fee so my friends and I can play boardgames for fun. There's no reason not to have an undo option. This game is too frustrating to play without that option.
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

TigerQueenIII wrote: 27 July 2022, 21:53 There's no reason not to have an undo option. This game is too frustrating to play without that option.
Sadly, it's been 8 years that this game lacks a maintainer. During those 8 years not a single bug report was closed by a maintainer of this game (and one of them was closed by a BGA dev because it was an issue that had nothing to do with the game itself). Like most games on this site, no one cares enough to maintain it.

You could learn to program, and even if it takes a few years, you probably would be able to fix this issue by yourself before anyone else does. In fact, that's pretty much how things work on BGA: if none of the regular players of a game take the responsibility to maintain it, no bug is fixed and no suggestion is implemented.
bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

MoiMagnus wrote: 01 August 2022, 22:40 You could learn to program, and even if it takes a few years, you probably would be able to fix this issue by yourself before anyone else does. In fact, that's pretty much how things work on BGA: if none of the regular players of a game take the responsibility to maintain it, no bug is fixed and no suggestion is implemented.
Are you seriously suggesting that someone learn to program so that he can provide free labour to a site owned by a multinational corporation worth billions of Euros?
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

I don't really know why. But I just went through some of the bugs and fixed them. I have sent an email to BGA, let's see what happens.
The only main thing is that the undo feature requires a DB change, and I don't know how to specifically deal with that for the current games in progress.
The ironic thing, is that the code is actually really easy to follow and the undo feature was relatively straight-forward. I am also trying this with Madeira and have already spent more time with that than all the issues combined on Troyes, and also for some reason Troyes isn't actually attributed to any dev.

Issues I fixed:

Undo on main action.
Undo after not having enough influence to place a meeple.
Colour for white player now has white pieces. Beige for neutral player.
Not allowing initial placements off the 1-6 spots.

Could not reproduce the Tax Collector bug.
Could not reproduce the not enough dice to fight the black dice. I think here players don't realise they have to use ALL their dice (or at least multiple) in some instances.
Silene

Post by Silene »

RicardoRix wrote: 03 August 2022, 10:11 I don't really know why. But I just went through some of the bugs and fixed them. I have sent an email to BGA, let's see what happens.
The only main thing is that the undo feature requires a DB change, and I don't know how to specifically deal with that for the current games in progress.
The ironic thing, is that the code is actually really easy to follow and the undo feature was relatively straight-forward. I am also trying this with Madeira and have already spent more time with that than all the issues combined on Troyes, and also for some reason Troyes isn't actually attributed to any dev.

Issues I fixed:

Undo on main action.
Undo after not having enough influence to place a meeple.
Colour for white player now has white pieces. Beige for neutral player.
Not allowing initial placements off the 1-6 spots.

Could not reproduce the Tax Collector bug.
Could not reproduce the not enough dice to fight the black dice. I think here players don't realise they have to use ALL their dice (or at least multiple) in some instances.
This is great news! Wanna play a game?
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Silene wrote: 03 August 2022, 15:07 This is great news! Wanna play a game?
Sure, after the update.

You can teach me how to win ;) I've not played in a few years.

Return to “Troyes”