Pre-select card to play

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Connor84

Pre-select card to play

Post by Connor84 »

Could we implement selecting a card to play prior to our turn, so that the computer auto-plays our card on our turn? Many card games on BGA have this mechanism (such as Dragonheart).
MGoulet

Re: Pre-select card to play

Post by MGoulet »

It’s in my todo list.

Also, you can use the suggestion/bug for new feature for Wizard. Preselecting card before your turn is #1 suggestion right now.

Also thinking about auto play when player has only 1 card allowed to be played. It’s already the case when 1 card left.
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

MGoulet wrote: 03 April 2021, 23:56 Also thinking about auto play when player has only 1 card allowed to be played. It’s already the case when 1 card left.
I do not think that this is a good idea. It is very weird if one of your cards were played automatically in mid-game, even if it is the only possible choice. There will be some occasions when players miss out what happened. I think that before the last round, it is important that players play their cards deliberately .
Raal

Post by Raal »

It's critical infomation who has jester or wizard.
I think to avoid this infoleek, we can play automatically only last one card.
MGoulet

Post by MGoulet »

For now, I implement only the pre-selection of card (release today).

For autoplay when only 1 card can be played, I could add it as a game option but not by default. With pre-selection, I think the game is ok like that for now.
chippy21

Post by chippy21 »

MGoulet wrote: 05 April 2021, 23:43 For now, I implement only the pre-selection of card (release today).

For autoplay when only 1 card can be played, I could add it as a game option but not by default. With pre-selection, I think the game is ok like that for now.
I like this feature, but once a card is preselected, there doesn't seem to be a means to change it. It would be nice if the last card selected before your turn is the one that gets played, not the first.
pwmeek

Post by pwmeek »

@chippy21 - I don't know if this is a change since your post, but currently, clicking the card again deselects it.

Return to “Wizard”