Plus/Minus 1 Variant

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
MGoulet

Plus/Minus 1 Variant

Post by MGoulet »

HI all,

I would like to know what you think about this variant.

I develop the game with the english rulebook that come with graphics (2009) (+/- 1 always).
On some others english rulebooks, others says +/- 1 if the last player has the highest score.

Changing +/- 1 right now to take into account the player with the highest score may raise "bugs" since it not like it that the game is played right now. Maybe have 2 options +/- 1?
aesche

Re: Plus/Minus 1 Variant

Post by aesche »

My version of the German rules also goes with „always“. I dont think it‘s necessary to only punish the leader explicitely, also as many games are decided in the last round, and the leader already gets the highest focus of others playing against him. I‘d just leave it as it is.
f0rmula409

Post by f0rmula409 »

I enjoy this variant... it is all I have played but allows for a more dynamic game.
Kampfschwein Fjonda

Post by Kampfschwein Fjonda »

This violates Amigo Tournament rules.

+/-1 is only happening in Amigo Tournaments when players have 5 cards and more.

With 1 and 3 cards it is simply terrible.

Forget 2009 rulebook. Amigo has made hundreds of tournaments over the past 10 years (I participated in German National finals 2016 and 17) and they realized long ago that +/-1 is a fun killer in rounds 1+2. Please fix this.
Ben Joyce

Post by Ben Joyce »

Dear implementer,

Could we please have an update on whether this issue will be fixed?
Kampfschwein Fjonda

Post by Kampfschwein Fjonda »

No answer is also an answer.
aesche

Post by aesche »

Which „issue“ do you even mean?
The forum is not the right place, neither for a suggestion nor a bug report - both belongs to the bug + suggesting tracking system.
And I‘m pretty sure that this was discussed with the publisher already, and implemented as he decided.

Return to “Wizard”