Add option to slow down scoring?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Ewalker

Add option to slow down scoring?

Post by Ewalker »

The addition of cribbage to BGA has been amazing for me and my (older) father in this time of COVID. He has played cribbage for decades, but struggles with the speed at which scoring occurs in BGA. We often have to wait until both hands and crib are scored and then look at the side bar and calculate afterwards.

I completely understand the need to have the current speed for most players, but it would be nice to have an option to either (a) require a manual button to click after showing each hand to allow us time to slowly count the points ourselves or (b) increase the time each hand/crib is displayed when calculating the points.

Note: I also think that it would be difficult to teach someone cribbage without a manual button click required after scoring each hand/crib.

Thanks!
DrJams

Re: Add option to slow down scoring?

Post by DrJams »

This is a cool idea. I personally prefer counting manually, which I'm sure your father would also enjoy if he's been playing for years. But until they implement that, slowing it down would be a great option. It's currently lightning fast and I miss the detail! I also wouldn't mind muggins options.

Return to “Cribbage”