Rule Question

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Vandaley

Rule Question

Post by Vandaley »

I recently played a game where in the late stages all of the 6 city route bonuses were claimed; however, the 1-point 5 city route bonus was available (rare indeed) as well as some 7-city route bonuses. A player ended the game, and on my last turn I made a 6-city route and discovered that I was awarded the 1-point bonus for the 5-city route.

If this is the rule, is it also a rule that you are always able to do this? For example (this does happen here and there) if I make a 7-city route, but the bonus tile is only 2 points, can I choose the 6-city tile instead if it is 3 points (or even 2 or 1 for late game defensive reasons)? I know that if I make an 8+-city route I get the 7 city bonus.
diamant

Re: Rule Question

Post by diamant »

Vandaley wrote: 25 April 2021, 19:31If this is the rule, is it also a rule that you are always able to do this?
The rule clearly states that you take the Bonus tile from the top of the stack corresponding to the length of the road you just closed.
You can never choose the stack where to take the bonus tile corresponding to the length of the road. If a Bonus tile is exhausted, you take a Bonus tile for the lower length, that is, the immediately lower length if there is still a tile available.
Vandaley

Re: Rule Question

Post by Vandaley »

Thanks.

Return to “Thurn and Taxis”