Can we ask if we can hit the 'end' button and ask to not press it?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Romain672

Can we ask if we can hit the 'end' button and ask to not press it?

Post by Romain672 »

Just checked the rules, apparently it's not writed.

I just saw lots of players doing it, while I find it really interresting to not do it: you can often tell you think it's good depending of what you move and where you put your hint, and if you draw one more card or not (and sometimes by what you check).
Last edited by Romain672 on 27 April 2021, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
BeKannt

Re: Are we allowed to ask if we can hit the 'end' button and to ask to not press it?

Post by BeKannt »

Yes. We play with anonymous teammates and sometimes you don't know the their habits. So if you think the game is over, you can give your teammates a hint. But due to the fact nobody can check all cards within a game, there is always a risk to lose.

Let's have fun togehter!
Last edited by BeKannt on 27 April 2021, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
N_Faker

Re: Can we ask if we can hit the 'end' button and ask to not press it?

Post by N_Faker »

"Can" in accordance to what?

Game rules? No.
Other players? Depends.
BGA moderation? Maybe.
Your own free will? Absolutely.
pinkyandthebrain

Re: Can we ask if we can hit the 'end' button and ask to not press it?

Post by pinkyandthebrain »

I would be interested to hear the actual verdict from the game's author on this question as I kind of feel the game is supposed to be based 100% on non-verbal communication and thus a player makes the decision to call the game done independently without any debate. We can each hold our own opinion on this but with out a definitive answer from the game designer I guess we shall never know the true response.

Edit to add - a debate can naturally lead to some form of inferred information not gained via play. By asking whether you can hit the end button, should a player say no you will instinctively then deduce without looking at cards or placing hints that something is awry and that it is likely in an area at which the player who said no has just looked (ie a verbal hint) and proceed to make your turn in a similar area which you may not have done otherwise.

Return to “Yokai”