A situation when movement is impossible?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
grzes208

A situation when movement is impossible?

Post by grzes208 »

I had a strange situation during my last game.

I was standing on field #35 (river), one of my opponents was standing on #36 (river), field #37 (mountain) was empty.
I had both food, and a horse, but the Commander card did not allow me moving on the trail using any of this resources.
I try to use both, but the message was just "Bang!" and no move was made.

I suppose that i should be able to move 1 field on the river using food (because the second field was mountain), and then, after using that card, move me one field forward, to field #37, not to stand on the same field with my opponent.

Is there a bug? Or am I missing some moving rules?
RicardoRix

Re: A situation when movement is impossible?

Post by RicardoRix »

If you used strength power of at-least 2:

The 1st move in on the river just 1 space and you 'bump' because a full move would be 2, you need to confirm that before you get the 2nd move.
The 2nd move you will then be allowed to move over the mountains using your horse.
grzes208

Post by grzes208 »

Ricardo, thanks for your reply.

I used just 1 strength power.

Due to the rules:
"The occupied spaces are ignored, so if an opponent’s Scout is just in front of you, your next move must be in the type of route in front of him."

But it hasn't worked like that, the game just didn't allow me to move.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

grzes208 wrote: 29 April 2021, 18:17 Due to the rules:
"The occupied spaces are ignored, so if an opponent’s Scout is just in front of you, your next move must be in the type of route in front of him."
This only refers to when you stop moving. If you stop on top of another scout you instead move forward to the next empty space. (The same applies backwards when moving backwards in camping).

There is a specific character that allows you to move passed scouts for free.

I don't know where that text you've quoted is in the rules. I just looked it up and it states:
rules wrote: A Scout movement can never end on the same space as an opponent’s Scout because
on the Route, only one Scout is permitted per space (except in Saint Louis, which is
the starting space, and the fi rst space of river). If this happens, the Scout moves forward
to the next available space (possibly moving backward during the Encampment phase).
Players may pass through an occupied space, however.
Remember: when your Scout moves forward several times during the same Action
(thanks to a card activated 2 or 3 times), do not take the positions of opposing Scouts
into account while you’re moving, but only the position of a Scout on the fi nal space
of your movement.
grzes208

Post by grzes208 »

I don't know where that text you've quoted is in the rules.
https://www.data.ludonaute.fr/Lewis_&_C ... eprint.pdf
Section 'Scout's movement'
This only refers to when you stop moving.
Ricardo, I'm still not sure.
Does that mean that in situation described by me in first post, if I play Commandor with power strength 1, I cannot move my Scout?

Return to “Lewis & Clark”