More difficulty please

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Romain672

More difficulty please

Post by Romain672 »

Hi,
This game, when played with player which optimise the game will lead to really a lot of victories. (I don't think I just got a good series but maybe)
I would like an house variant to make the game more difficult if someone has access to the publisher.

My proposition to hurt a lot all the 'annoying' calculations is for the 18th/10th/2nd last card of the deck, 1/2/3 (differents) rooms will be damaged randomly.
That really make the game way less predictable.

Another one is to put a limit on the number of time you can use the 'repair centre'. Put a limit really low like 2 times.
ufm

Re: More difficulty please

Post by ufm »

While I admit base game being easier than it seems (2 strong players can beat Realist game ~90%),
BGA adopts 'no houserule' policy, so it is unlikely to happen.
And adding too many random elements may hurt not only calculations, but also the game itself. Ultimately it depends on sheer luck.
Tranquility's 'remove cards randomly' variant is certainly way less popular than Jagged Rocks and Sea Monsters because of this.

Replacing some powerful rooms with weaker versions from Deluxe edition might meet the demand.
Also, random damage cards can be implemented by tweaking Damage Control cards from Deluxe edition a little bit (if the designer allows).

Return to “Solar Storm”