Make BINS on discard cards optional

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
BlondeVegan

Make BINS on discard cards optional

Post by BlondeVegan »

Whose bright idea was this? Fast discard was part of the game and was mentioned in the rules as intentional. E.g., sometimes I play 10 hoping another player mistakenly discards a good card, that was the point with all discards. Please make it optional as part of variants, could be suitable for beginners, this completely ruins the game.
diamant

Re: Make BINS on discard cards optional

Post by diamant »

BlondeVegan wrote: 18 May 2021, 12:36 Whose bright idea was this? Fast discard was part of the game and was mentioned in the rules as intentional. E.g., sometimes I play 10 hoping another player mistakenly discards a good card, that was the point with all discards. Please make it optional as part of variants, could be suitable for beginners, this completely ruins the game.
I agree to remove the symbol that claims to represent a bin on the cards after a 10 played by the previous player, but on condition of adopting a validation system similar to other game situations.

So when you select a card after a 10, you don’t see any highlighted spaces on the board, only the discard pile that you will have to click. You have the possibility to change your card, as for any other game situation.
BlondeVegan

Post by BlondeVegan »

I see a personal tick box, this option needs to be preselected for everyone as part of game's conditions. People who like it can play games with this enabled, just make it optional for the whole game.
Tuut Tuut tis Luut

Post by Tuut Tuut tis Luut »

E.g., sometimes I play 10 hoping another player mistakenly discards a good card, that was the point with all discards.

That's something that would never happen outside of online play, so it's clearly not an intended use of the rule. It's great for you that you liked using it that way, but that's not really a game tactic you're losing, that's just a sneaky way to try and trap inexperienced players. Definitely not something that should be enabled by game design. And saying it "completely ruins the game" is just ridiculous.

If having to actually play well in the game rather than relying on other players to misclick ruins the game for you, then maybe you just didn't really like this game in the first place.

Return to “Toc”