New undo system test on production

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Lunalol

New undo system test on production

Post by Lunalol »

UPDATE: During game creation, you have a new option for selection of new/old undo system.

In new system, you can undo all except:
- red moves (attack, invasion...)
- action with a dice rolled
- action with opponent reaction (like interception)

If you are playing SOLO you can undo ALL with new system (even bad dice rolls :o )

Advice: if you want to play long game (campaign ones) with new system, try to save game on your computer each month.
So if you have a big crash, perhaps I could save it.

PS: I have a bug that ends with "wrong number of player", it's perhaps related to undo system but I'm not sure.
Lunalol

Re: New undo system test on production

Post by Lunalol »

If you have problem with this NEW system, please don't forget to follow this thread and write in it (+ bug reports if you have a really big problem).
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

This has the potential to be a really useful addition to the game. I am going to try using it on a game soon and will feedback my thoughts once I am a little way into it. However, I'm a little concerned as the implementation seems to have coincided with some bugs appearing in long running games - hopefully not a harbinger of the sort of problems that occurred last time...
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

The problems shouldn't be as bad as last time. But since this is a "hack" of the BGA undo system, it should not be 100% safe.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Lunalol wrote: 19 May 2021, 12:31 The problems shouldn't be as bad as last time. But since this is a "hack" of the BGA undo system, it should not be 100% safe.
caveat emptor :twisted: I feel myself forwarned.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

I've had one game that has had a series of supply phase related errors, with units failing to return to their correct locations. I'm off to report another one from the same game. Is this related to the implementation of the undo (it feels very similar as a user to the type of error that occurred in long games last time).
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

RobertBr wrote: 23 May 2021, 11:04 I've had one game that has had a series of supply phase related errors, with units failing to return to their correct locations. I'm off to report another one from the same game. Is this related to the implementation of the undo (it feels very similar as a user to the type of error that occurred in long games last time).
Perhaps or not, do you remember that you have click on "don't supply" button during a naval supply or does your supply be interdicted?
This sort of bug is a priority, give me table number please.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Lunalol wrote: 23 May 2021, 11:11
RobertBr wrote: 23 May 2021, 11:04 I've had one game that has had a series of supply phase related errors, with units failing to return to their correct locations. I'm off to report another one from the same game. Is this related to the implementation of the undo (it feels very similar as a user to the type of error that occurred in long games last time).
Perhaps or not, do you remember that you have click on "don't supply" button during a naval supply or does your supply be interdicted?
This sort of bug is a priority, give me table number please.
170142464 You've done two previous fixes. This time it is Force H in SZ23. I was waiting for my opponent to confirm the port it should have returned to before filing a bug report - I was offered an intercept but didn't, I doubt my opponent has hist 'don't supply' three times in a row so suspect its not user error.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Lunalol wrote: 19 May 2021, 11:17 If you have problem with this NEW system, please don't forget to follow this thread and write in it (+ bug reports if you have a really big problem).
I have a solo game loaded with the new system. The undo function has become unresponsive (it logs an undo but doesn't undo the action). I know this problem was an issue with the testing, would you prefer these sort of issues be raised here or as bug reports?
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

I'm working on it, so it not really stable.
A more stable version should be released by end of week.

Return to “Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe”