Community poll: Future Arena Season Table configuration

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs

Future Arena Season Table configuration

Joker: Enabled
40%
Joker: Disabled
7%
Player count: Individuals - 1v1 (2 player game)
40%
Player Count: Individuals - 1v1v1 (3 player game)
13%
Player Count: Teams, 2v2 (4 player game)
No votes
Player Count: Teams, 3v3 (6 player game)
No votes
Player Count: Teams, 2v2v2 (6 player game)
No votes

Total votes: 15

Dislexsick

Community poll: Future Arena Season Table configuration

Post by Dislexsick »

Hi all,

I thought I'd setup a poll to get community feedback on what people want to see the Cinco config set at. A series of options are currently not fixed/locked at the moment leading to inconsistent tables being setup.

Een suggests here that using the forums for voting is the best way to reach a consensus on this.

I've added options for:
Joker option which is what started this.
Player count, which decides both player count and composition of teams if relevant.

Additionally chipping in what you voted for and importantly WHY you think those options are preferable is encouraged.
Dislexsick

Re: Community poll: Future Arena Season Table configuration

Post by Dislexsick »

My vote went to Joker: Enabled and 1v1 or 1v1v1

Joker to me reduces the randomness of the game, allowing you to take bad cards and by expending effort making them good.
It also allows for mind games using the numbers leading up to 90.
Joker to me is a fundamental part of making the game interesting.

Personally I think in a ranked ladder scenario (Arena mode) you shouldn't have to rely on a potentially dud teammate (or two of them!) in a game that shouldn't have communication; it should be entirely up to you. I am strongly in favour of individual play only -- i.e. I think 1v1 is the winning player count.

That being said I think 1v1v1 would be an interesting change, but it's a very soft vote towards it; I don't really think it'd be good in Arena mode, as you will sometime need to rely on an opponent to block. I also think when there's two people able to block you as opposed to one it's much easier to stalemate; and I don't think ties are handled well in Arena mode (This is a gripe with the ranking system, not the game -- It's my opinion that if you're bronze and you manage to tie against a platinum player surely that means you're on equal footing you should gain rank to move towards your ranks equalising?!)

I only voted for 1v1v1 because I think it'd be an interesting experiment to see under the lens of competitive play; and the only way to really make that happen would be to have it swapped to that config for a season; not because I think it's the best option for Arena mode.

Return to “Cinco”