Change the mode with or without Citizen Arrest every season

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
JackKey

Change the mode with or without Citizen Arrest every season

Post by JackKey »

Currently every season on the Arena the Citizen Arrest mode is always ON.
I suggest to vary it from season to season to involve also the players who does not like this mode.
Since it changes the balance of the game significantly, it would be interesting to try the skills in both variations.
kytbell

Re: Change the mode with or without Citizen Arrest every season

Post by kytbell »

Agree. I love this game & was disappointed when I tried it in Arena to see citizen's arrest was on it. I don't know how to play that variant, to be honest, and the BGA provided rules explaining it are confusing to me. So I just don't play.

If you look at other games on BGA (7 Wonders Duel, Azul, Carcassone, etc) their Arena versions are the base game — not the extensions or variants. It's unfair to Noir fans for our Arena to be a variant.
Acetylsalicilique

Re: Change the mode with or without Citizen Arrest every season

Post by Acetylsalicilique »

Strongly disagree. The game is simply much more interesting with the Citizen Arrest. Classic Noir is incredibly unbalanced in favor of the killer. Citizen Arrest shifts it, and it is unbalanced in favor of the inspector, but much less so.

Return to “Noir: Killer versus Inspector”