Tournament module UPDATES: Group Stages

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
NCFCRulz

Re: Tournament module UPDATES: Group Stages

Post by NCFCRulz »

In Group Stage Tournaments you are currently unable to have 3 or more player matches in initial Swiss stage and then have single elimination. Perhaps amount of players per match could be different for each stage?

As an example we have 30 players in Lost Ruins Arnak Tournament. First stage is 2 groups of 15 with matches of 3 players, 4 matches then top 4 progress to a top 8 elim bracket.

The top 8 we then want to be 1 on 1 matches but it won't allow to be set different to the first stage
voodoolord

Post by voodoolord »

Wee need to give option to define how to seed for 2nd phase. We had Round RObin in 1st round and single elimination in 2nd round.
The correct would have been #1 Grp1 x #2 Grp2 and #2 Grp1 x #1 Grp 2.
Instead, seeding was done by ELO and #1 Grp 1 will play #2 Grp 1 and #1 Grp2 plays #2 Grp 2

Please offer an option to seed by ELO, by Rd1 result or Manual.
CargoToaster

Post by CargoToaster »

Draasill wrote: 31 May 2021, 16:00

Hi,

after the Swiss System and Multiplayer Elimination mode for tournaments, we're happy to introduce the "Group Stage" mode !

As the name implies, this mode has two stages :
  • The first stage, where players are put into groups
  • The final stage, where winners from each groups are competing
This mode is in Alpha, and in need of testers.

Here are some alpha-mode tournament to give you a hint on how they look like : list

This time we'd like you to create these tournaments in alpha mode.

This mode is slightly more complicated than others, as it will require more configuration.
It can work for games with more than 2 players, depending on the mode you set for each stage.

Please post an answer if you are interested in creating such a tournament, I'll give to some of the volunteers a special link with the ability to access the alpha mode.

Thanks for your interest ! 🙂
Hello Draasill,
I am interested ! Is it possible to give me the link to access the alpha mode ?
Thank you very much
Cargo
Uncle Cha Cha

Post by Uncle Cha Cha »

I'd be interested in setting up a Group Stage tournament for P.I. if you are still taking alpha testers.
Deeyo

Post by Deeyo »

Any idea when Group Stage will be released for Beta? We are really excited for this format
voodoolord

Post by voodoolord »

It looks like we have a bug in Group mode.
I created a tourney for up to 192 players in 16 groups.
138 registered when tourney should have started.
Now it's already over 10 minutes since tourney should have started, but it's still accepting registers and still shows up in anounced tourneys, with strted 12 min ago

It's the
Voodoo Gammon Ladder 3rd Division • 6th Round - Alpha Test Groups, https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=79743

Please advise
Waddington

Post by Waddington »

tournaments are not starting!!!! we have several people waiting a nd nothing happen!

https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=95523
Waddington

Post by Waddington »

The saddest thing, after dealing with people's frustration, is to check on the bug report that there is an item there, fulll of reports from people around the world, SINCE 2019, and no feedback ...

https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=12086

Too bad, BGA, too bad...
CargoToaster

Post by CargoToaster »

Hello
I am organizing a group phase tournament with 32 players :
phase 1 : 8 groups "everybody meets everybody", 2 players qualified per group (3 games per player / group)
phase 2 : direct elimination (4 games : 8 final, quarter final, semi final and final)

It should let me planify 7 games in the calendar. But the calendar let me planify 5 of them.
Do you kno why ?

Cargo

---EDIT 30min later---
I think the calendar is not in place right ? if i simulate a tournament with 10 games in phase 1(swiss phase) + direct elimination, i can only planify 5 games in the calendar
Draasill

Post by Draasill »

CargoToaster wrote: 12 August 2021, 13:28 It should let me planify 7 games in the calendar. But the calendar let me planify 5 of them.
Hi,

indeed at the time, this type of tournament doesn't let you edit the tournament dates :[

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”