Scouting phase wait in pbem mode

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Therlun

Scouting phase wait in pbem mode

Post by Therlun »

Hiho

Right now the game waits for everyone to scout before it moves on the the other phases.
Why does it do that?

It has been a while since I last played Roll for the Galaxy so I might be missing something but it seems there would be no disadvantage to just move all the phases into one action, basically halving the required number of pbem actions for the game.
MoiMagnus

Re: Scouting phase wait in pbem mode

Post by MoiMagnus »

There are some corner cases where it's relevant.

If someone has a big pile of planets, and big stack of dice on "colonise", it's really relevant to me how many planets he will colonise this turn (and whether the game ends this turn or not), and this might change the choices I would make when exploring. Currently, I would be forced to "guess", but with your suggestion, I could wait and see, so that's a significant change to the game in this situation.

But I agree that those cases are rare enough, and that the time gained from compacting all the phases in one is probably worth it, so I'd be happy with this as an option.

Return to “Roll for the Galaxy”