6 gold dice face

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
jjdk

6 gold dice face

Post by jjdk »

Hi,
I'm getting a bit tired of 2-player games involving the 6 gold dice face. In short, this dice face seems to create an imbalance in the game, particularly if one player rolls 6 gold a couple of times early in the game.
Today I've played 2 games. In the first, my opponent won easily with the 6 gold dice face on his dice. In the second, I won easily with the 6 gold dice face on my dice. I'm at a point where wins are really rare without and almost given with the 6 gold dice face (if it's part of the game).
I've discussed this issues bilaterally with a few players and they have all confirmed this tendency. I've also found an old, now closed, thread on this:
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=13444
I would be surprised if the games developers are not aware of this issue. Perhaps more players can share their experiences. If more players agree, perhaps we can get an administrator to share some stats on 2-player games with the 6 gold dice face involved.
Thanks.
Yorgad

Re: 6 gold dice face

Post by Yorgad »

Hi all, gotta agree, 6 golds face feels pretty unbalanced for two players. I simply remove it IRL or house rule it to a 5 golds reward instead.
That being said, the issue may not be solved at BGA level but rather discussed with game designer directly... Hopefully then a variant would become official thus could be implemented in BGA.

Cheers,
Y.
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

Indeed, this ridiculously overpowered die face needs to be removed from the rotation. It's got to the point where players even take it as their only face on the first turn, and still manage to win if they get lucky rolling it. There is no counter whatsoever, unless they horribly misplay afterwards. If I lose a 2 player game, the 6 gold face probably has something to do with it.

I don't see why the publisher would be against removing a die face from the rotation in a specific setup. It doesn't fundamentally alter the game or existing die faces.

Please upvote this suggestion: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=44338
Common Loser

Post by Common Loser »

This is 100% accurate. It's CLEARLY overpowered, and not by a trivial amount. Frankly it's embarrassing it's been allowed to remain as long as it has.
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

Hi
I have asked the publisher their opinion on this subject.

Cheers
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

vincentt wrote: 02 August 2021, 23:07 Hi
I have asked the publisher their opinion on this subject.

Cheers
Excellent, thanks!

I believe a game option "Include 6 gold face in the rotation (2 player only): yes/no" which defaults to "yes" for casual games and is set to "no" for Arena would satisfy most players. It would change very little for casual games and make Arena much more fair.

Hopefully they could agree to that.
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

Any news on this? I can't even count the number of games this face has ruined anymore.
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

It depends on the Gurus :)
Patrick of the Isles

Post by Patrick of the Isles »

Hi Vincentt! Regardless of what happens with arena, can you implement the option for normal games? I don't play Dice Forge arena, but would be interested in testing a 6-face-removed option in my ordinary games to see if I prefer the balance.
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

Hi
Everything is ready so don't worry ;) yes you will have it!

Return to “Dice Forge”