Lower/scrap arena minimum Elo ranking would help new players find appropriate match

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
pv666

Lower/scrap arena minimum Elo ranking would help new players find appropriate match

Post by pv666 »

All in the title ;)

I just started the game, and am basically only matched against 200/300 elo players, meaning i get wiped every time.
so why not i'm learning the game, but also there's no way i can reach 100 like this, to play arena where 'i'd hopefully
be matched with more appropriate levels.
why not require a minimum number of games instead (or in combination elo or nb of games) ?
Right now, I'm closer to just quitting to play games where this does not happen.
MoiMagnus

Re: Lower/scrap arena minimum Elo ranking would help new players find appropriate match

Post by MoiMagnus »

pv666 wrote: 05 June 2021, 15:20to play arena where 'i'd hopefully be matched with more appropriate levels.
I'm unsure why this would be the case. Peoples joining arena games are more likely to be competitive players than casual players.

Though I'm not opposed either to switching to a number of played game. I think the only goal of this restriction is to ensure that anybody joining arena played enough to know the rules, so counting the number of played games is fine for me too.
steve5332

Re: Lower/scrap arena minimum Elo ranking would help new players find appropriate match

Post by steve5332 »

You should create tables that are restricted to apprentices (or beginners) only. That way you will be paired up with players of the level you want to play against. This isn't really anything to do with the ELO 100 restriction for arena. If you play against enough other apprentices you will soon be able to play arena. We've all got to demonstrate core understanding of game before playing, and 100 ELO does that much better than games played.

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”