Auto Collect

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
inmysights

Auto Collect

Post by inmysights »

Could we please get some time back in our lives by having auto collect? No idea why we even have that as a button anyways. I checked in settings and this is not a current feature that we really need.
miseaprix

Re: Auto Collect

Post by miseaprix »

I agree. This game also needs an auto pass if the player cannot play anything.
aesche

Post by aesche »

miseaprix wrote: 13 June 2021, 04:43 I agree. This game also needs an auto pass if the player cannot play anything.
I don‘t think that‘s the idea of it being voluntary to play something, that the system tells everyone if you can‘t.
miseaprix

Post by miseaprix »

I could be just a button "No valid play. You must pass." No info would be leaked.
Andy the Nerdherder

Post by Andy the Nerdherder »

inmysights wrote: 10 June 2021, 23:58 Could we please get some time back in our lives by having auto collect? No idea why we even have that as a button anyways. I checked in settings and this is not a current feature that we really need.
Because bombs can be played even after 3 players pass.
miseaprix wrote: 13 June 2021, 04:43 I agree. This game also needs an auto pass if the player cannot play anything.
The game will auto pass for you if you don't have enough cards for a surpassing combo or bomb.

The takeaway here is that the nuance of this game reminds us that playing in person is better than playing online. That being said, adding either of these "features" would come at the cost of valid plays.
inmysights

Post by inmysights »

Couldnt you just click the bomb button to interrupt if you want to bomb? There is no reason to keep clicking the button if you do not have a bomb, makes no sense.
turtler7

Post by turtler7 »

If I play after the person winning the trick currently and don't want to bomb unless my partner cannot validly beat it or chooses not to use any potential bombs they have which might be ideal if they were the one with a tichu bet, I would wait till the last possible moment to bomb. I would wait till my partner passes then bomb before the trick is collected. If there is no pause after my partner passes and the opponent collecting the trick, I would be deprived of my legal right to win that trick.

Return to “Tichu”