Tichu players who cheat by privately communicating during play

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
NeanderthalMan

Re: Tichu players who cheat by privately communicating during play

Post by NeanderthalMan »

*Moderation Edit: please do not use the Forums to call players out by name, this is what the Moderation Reports are for. The Forums should remain a general discussion.
NeanderthalMan

Post by NeanderthalMan »

*Moderation Edit: please do not use the Forums to call players out by name, this is what the Moderation Reports are for. The Forums should remain a general discussion.
NeanderthalMan

Post by NeanderthalMan »

NeanderthalMan

Post by NeanderthalMan »

Last edited by NeanderthalMan on 10 January 2022, 19:01, edited 2 times in total.
Flashes_of_Light

Post by Flashes_of_Light »

On move 360 (within the game ———>*, I knew our team had all the aces. It threw off alarm bells when the opposing team wished for an ace at that point. I was asking myself if the other team knew we had all the aces and wanted to wish 1 of them out of our hands. The only way they knew we’d had all the aces is if they saw each other’s cards and/or had told each other in secret communication something like....”Hey...our team actually has no aces...!”

They also played 4Q bomb when I played pair ace on move 397. Looking back, pair ace play there makes the other team think I had another pair and was trying to go out because after playing that pair ace I have 2 cards left. (My last 2 cards were actually a 10 and Ace) It actually served as a sort of decoy, meant to draw out a bomb.

To my knowledge, there are 2 methods of bomb defense in Tichu...One is to try to draw it out early through seemingly unbeatable singles or combinations while still having another unbeatable card or set in reserve (Initial plays to draw out bombs could be Dragon, lone ace when dragon and Phoenix are out of play, AA, A + Phoenix, Ace high straight with Phoenix, Ace full house with Phoenix, & JJQQKKAA...

The other is to play in such a way that you’re very last card is the highest one...(Could be Dragon/Phoenix). This method is a little risky at times because if you play a weak set like 22244 or even 678910JQ before you play Dragon, which is your last card, the opposing team might play a higher full house or straight and go out first.

A combination of two methods above might involve (if you have 3 cards) playing Dragon first, ace next, and Phoenix last in your hand. Each card you play here is unbeatable but this method of play is meant to draw out a bomb from the opposing team...if there is 1 or more...

As you play, you might also track play of all 6’s and 10’s...6’s and 10’s are in every straight flush bomb within the game. (See How to Detect a Bomb: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/269368/how-detect-bomb) To track 4 of a kind bombs, you’d have to remember what cards have not been played during a hand. I assume many believe and already use pass conventions as a means of bomb defense....

(What a memory game Tichu is...It already helps to remember how many aces have been played and whether or not Phoenix/Dragon is still in play during the hand. On top of that, it also helps to remember whether or not the specific ace you gave partner has been played or if they played a different ace which means they have more than 1 ace...If you’re really concerned about bomb defense, track 6’s, 10’s, and cards which haven’t been played yet, which means they might be part of a quad bomb)
Qualitaetsgarant

Post by Qualitaetsgarant »

Just had a discussion with a member of the French cheating community. He said we are friends and its no problem and everybody does it anyway. :mrgreen:
Not even trying to hide it.
Flashes_of_Light

Post by Flashes_of_Light »

Clearly, these games are an example of cheating...Please watch replay of these games from the perspective of * hand and watch how he/she plays...It’s to help * (AKA *) win...

* helps */* or opposing team win in these two games: (Watch replay of the games below from the perspective of * hand)

*(On move 145, look at first 8 cards for *, * (now known as *) and *. You will notice Phoenix is in first 8 cards of * hand, Dragon is in first 8 cards of */* hand, and only 2 aces is in first 8 cards of * hand. It’s definitely possible *, */*, and * are aware of this fact, when both * and * call GT on move 145. * is calling gt because it’s possible he knows dragon and Phoenix are in hands of opposition and he/she is trying to help opposing team win with an AA gt call that’s likely to fail...

When * and * both call grand Tichu on move 145, * gives 10 to * during card exchange...* ends up getting a powerful high straight and successfully fulfills his/her Grand Tichu call while * fails)

Last edited by Flashes_of_Light on 13 January 2022, 22:49, edited 4 times in total.
Kissmy4ce

Post by Kissmy4ce »

Hahahahaha when I see who complains of me
Kissmy4ce

Post by Kissmy4ce »

like it or not , i completed a streak of 20 wins whithout help
Kissmy4ce

Post by Kissmy4ce »

and i had to do otherwise only the last day when *, who is aptly named, tried to steal my spot by cheating with *

Return to “Tichu”