How can you tell who will get to move before the end?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Cos-

How can you tell who will get to move before the end?

Post by Cos- »

When one player has placed their last settlement, the "round" still continues, so the last player will be the last player in that round.

In a real-time game, you probably remember who started and thus remember who still gets a to move before the game ends, but I play turn-based games where the game probably started several days ago, so I can never remember that at the end of the game. So, as far as I can tell, the only way to determine who else will still get to move at the end, is to click the little triangles at the bottom of the play history over and over and over to expand it all the way to the beginning, and see who played first. This is not only tedious, but I have actually gotten it wrong a few times, when I thought I reached the beginning but I didn't, or maybe I mis-read what I was seeing there.

I'm thinking there must be some easier way to see who will still get a turn at the end. How do you do it?
Tisaac

Re: How can you tell who will get to move before the end?

Post by Tisaac »

There is a "first player" token near the name of the "first player".
Cos-

Post by Cos- »

> There is a "first player" token near the name of the "first player".

Oh! Is it a yellow-outlined hexagon with a picture of a leaping horse?

I would never have noticed that thing or known what it means. If that's what it is, I wish it were clearer!
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Cos- wrote: 21 June 2021, 16:50 > There is a "first player" token near the name of the "first player".

Oh! Is it a yellow-outlined hexagon with a picture of a leaping horse?

I would never have noticed that thing or known what it means. If that's what it is, I wish it were clearer!
Yes, that's the same one as IRL and it should have a tooltip if you hover over it.
Cos-

Post by Cos- »

Thanks. When I hover over that first player token, I get the same tooltip as I get when hovering over the player's name, with information about the player.

I've never seen this game in person, only learned to play it here on BGA, and I don't remember the instructions pointing out what this token looks like. I do see now that the instructions PDF identify this piece in the "setup" section, but of course I didn't remember what was in the "setup" section when I read the rest of the rules, and didn't think anything important was there because I never have to actually set up the game when playing it here. I think this may be the case for most other players who learned the game on the web - that token may not be something they recognize.

Return to “Kingdom Builder”