Fix: Nᵗʰ Victory awards for cooperative and team games

What's new on BGA ?
Draasill

Fix: Nᵗʰ Victory awards for cooperative and team games

Post by Draasill »

Hi,

there was an outstanding bug concerning awards attribution for cooperative games (Hanabi, Pandemic, Tranquility, etc.), and team based games (Belote, Coinche, ...).

This is now fixed; as a result, on your next victory in these types of games, you will receive awards which you had not received before.

-----

You may receive a lot of awards in one go! In this case, please note the white link when receiving awards (on the bottom right of the notifications), to skip all of them in one click.
Silene

Re: Fix: Nᵗʰ Victory awards for cooperative and team games

Post by Silene »

That's great, thank you!

On a related note: are you also fixing the buggy ELO-calculation in team games? Right now, you gain/lose ELO vs. your partner(s) in Tichu, Belote, Not Alone and some others because you "tie"... (not the case in full cooperative games like Hanabi, Crew)
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
Not Him Again

Post by Not Him Again »

Finally! Thank You so much for fixing it!
aghagh

Post by aghagh »

I've noticed that now at the end-of-the-game window for Forbidden Island (and I guess the same for other coop games) the k factor and the exact ammount of elo gained / lost (with decimals) that used to be displayed has been removed, I suspect because of this issue. I think this information was useful to see, would it be possible to have it back?
Draasill

Post by Draasill »

The ELO details tooltip for cooperative games is not available, as it was showing invalid informations; indeed ELO is not computed the same way.

So it's not possible to add it back at the moment.
Yasten

Post by Yasten »

Actually, on a related note, aren't the victory streak awards broken rn too?
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

What about ties? Specifically ties in semi-cooperative games (e.g. illustori, see https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=45119)

Return to “BGA release notes”