Zen Trek

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
sweetandcool

Zen Trek

Post by sweetandcool »

I'm glad to see the bugs on this trek are (mostly?) fixed. However, the map is still quite aggravating to play. Yes, the river tiles are marked fine, now but whether a tile can be zoned with another is not. I just got 4 unnecessary orphans because I kept trying to zone adjacent tiles that touched.

Anybody else have the same issue?
sweetandcool

Re: Zen Trek

Post by sweetandcool »

Anybody want to explain where you can form zones on this map? The starting adjacent circles won't form zones. Are zones only allowed if they contain a river tile?

Please help!
postmans

Post by postmans »

the map seems buggy still
sweetandcool

Post by sweetandcool »

I finally figured it out. Zoning is as expected, it's just that sometimes the game decides to not color your zone.

So it looks like overall the map works now, it is just plagued by a few visual bugs: Zones not coloring, chart displaying actions taken being incorrect (resolved by refresh), and the infamous updating game bug which thankfully only occurs once or twice a game.
postmans

Post by postmans »

There is still a bug that you can't place a card when it CAN form a sequence with the river but you plan to make it form a sequence with something else
See https://imgur.com/a/SSFmlmQ
Mat-Matt

Post by Mat-Matt »

I hate this map with such a passion... Don't know what the designers were thinking
Shobu

Post by Shobu »

Mat-Matt wrote: 21 August 2021, 00:00 I hate this map with such a passion... Don't know what the designers were thinking
i'm curious to see if they will reuse/explore this idea for Trek12 Amazonia
sweetandcool

Post by sweetandcool »

I think the map is interesting and its size lets you really try to go for a big score.

Unfortunately, in addition to its many bugs, it takes so much longer to play due to its size, which is so annoying because I think I'll play a quick game and then suddenly I have to spend 3 times as much time on it.

I find Trek 12 to be a relaxing game, but recently I get mega stressed when I'm in the pool because I'm worried I'll be forced to play the Zen Trek ):

Return to “Trek 12”